- June School Holidays (Tuesday 27th June, Wednesday 28th June or Thursday 29th June) *PLEASE SELECT 1 DAY
- Available to children aged 8-14yrs
- A maximum of 15 Participants per day, supervised by CGP educators + farm team
- Runs from 9am – 3pm (6 hours)
- Price per person: $70 + GST
We are thrilled to be able to subsidise this program through a partnership with VicHealth.
What to Expect
- You’ll get the chance to be our farmers for the day by getting outdoors, meeting our friendly chickens and doing some hands-on farm work.
- You’ll learn about our regenerative farm and how we care for the land while producing nourishing produce for our community to enjoy. Your day on the farm will be facilitated by a Common Ground Project staff member.
Outline for the Day
This is an example outline, as our program will vary depending on the season and what tasks on the farm need doing.
9:00 am - Arrive at Common Ground Project, followed by a welcoming activities and introductions.
9:30 am - An Interactive Farm Tour (including your chance to meet our friendly chickens).
10:30 am - Morning Tea - Please bring your own food with you.
11:00 am - Hands on Farm Tasks
12:30 pm - Lunch – Please bring your own food with you.
1:00 pm - Hands-On Farm Tasks
2:00 pm - End of day closing activities
3:00 pm - Depart from Common Ground Project
What to Wear & Bring
- Come dressed for any weather – rain, hail or shine! We suggest wearing waterproof and sun-smart clothing, including; a rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, pants and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Please note: to protect yourself on the farm, you must wear closed-toed shoes. Flat boots or gumboots are suitable, especially when it rains.
- Please bring your own lunch with you (there is no option to purchase food).
- A Day on the Farm is an exciting day of interactions with plants, animals, staff and farm equipment. Please have a chat before your child’s visit about behavioural expectations to ensure they are aware of the importance of listening to instructions and showing respect to animals and each other. We will do everything we can to support your child and their needs, however, if there are circumstances where their behaviour becomes a concern, their emergency contact will be called to collect them.
If your child would like to attend our School Holiday Program but the cost of the ticket is a barrier, please use the code 'community' at checkout to receive 20% off the price.