Lake Bolac Eel Festival - 25 & 26 March 2022
DATE FINALLY CONFIRMED FOR THE 13TH LAKE BOLAC EEL FESTIVAL
The foreshore of Lake Bolac in SW Victoria is the place to be on 25 & 26 March 2022. It's a small festival but it has a lot of heart and soul.
Renowned for quality music, arts, culture, workshops and friendship - there is plenty to engage all ages -a truly multi generational event.
Event program available on website
Traditionally held in late March or early April, the timing of the festival reflects the season when Shortfinned Eels begin their migration to the sea to spawn and when the First Nations Communities from surrounding areas gathered around the shores of Lake Bolac and along the Salt Creek to harvest the eels, trade and hold ceremonies.
Our aims are to:
- Provide an inclusive, low cost event with artistic and cultural content that will enrich the life of this rural community;
- Promote the Festival as a significant gathering place for people who care for the environment and respect Aboriginal cultural heritage;
- Foster reconciliation and mutual respect and understanding between indigenous and non-indigenous peoples;
- Promote the restoration of Lake Bolac and surrounding waterways to a state that is ecologically sustainable for the flora and fauna dependent on it; and
- Promote ecologically sustainable rural practice
Due to current covid restrictions, everyone attending must be double vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be provided upon entry/request.
All Festival tickets are fully refundable, less booking fees, up until 11.59pm 19 March. Please contact (organiser) if you require a Covid related refund after this date