Lake Bolac Eel Festival - 22 & 23 March, 2024
THE 14TH LAKE BOLAC EEL FESTIVAL
The foreshore of Lake Bolac in SW Victoria is the place to be on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd March, 2024.
The theme for the festival is 'Song, Story, Dance, Ceremony and Celebration'.
Renowned for quality music, arts, culture, workshops and friendship this is truly a multi generational and familty friendly event.
Event program available on website
All Festival tickets are fully refundable, less booking fees, up until 11.55pm,16 March, 2024.
Traditionally held in late March or early April, the timing of the festival reflects the season when Shortfinned Eels begin their migration to the sea to spawn and when the First Nations Communities from surrounding areas gathered around the shores of Lake Bolac and along the Salt Creek to harvest the eels, trade and hold ceremonies.
The festival is held biennially.
Our aims are to:
- Provide an inclusive, low cost event with artistic and cultural content that will enrich the life of this rural community;
- Promote the Festival as a significant gathering place for people who care for the environment and respect Aboriginal cultural heritage;
- Foster reconciliation and mutual respect and understanding between indigenous and non-indigenous peoples;
- Promote the restoration of Lake Bolac and surrounding waterways to a state that is ecologically sustainable for the flora and fauna dependent on it; and
- Promote ecologically sustainable rural practice
Please contact (organiser) with any questions or concerns.