Latte Art Smackdown - NSW South Coast
South Coast Latte Art Smackdown hosted by Toast café, sponsored by Alternative Co.
Join us to celebrate the love for coffee and community down the NSW South Coast for the first-ever latte smackdown in Pambula.
We'll enjoy some snacks and drinks provided by Toast while 24 competitors head to head to find out who the South Coast latte art champ is. Please note that this competition is only for baristas from the South Coast area.
It costs $20 for competitors to register, with all proceeds going to charity. Spectators have free entry but must register.
There will be prizes as well as giveaways on the night:
1st Prize -Trophy+ $500 and Fat Cheque from Alternative CO + Ona Merch
2nd Prize -Trophy +Alternative merch + Ona Merch
3rd Prize -Trophy + Alternative Merch + Ona Merch
Join us for a fun night of coffee and healthy competition!
Rules and format (for competitors):
- – Head-to-head loser is eliminated
- – Pour will be determined by MC unless specified otherwise
- – Will be decided by Judges simultaneously pointing to preferred pour
- – Barista with the most votes will be forwarded to the next round
- – A volunteer will make a single shot into Ona 6oz ceramic cups
- – Jugs will be provided, yet feel free to bring your own
- – Alternative Plant milk will be provided for stretching & pouring – Etching
- Only allowed in free pour rounds judging criteria:
- The competitors' performances will be evaluated by two types of judges: Visual and Technical.
- One technical judge per competitor. Three visual judges
- Judge: The Visual judge will be accessing your served drinks on: – contrast
- – style
- – difficulty
- *Not based on WCE latte art rules*
- Cleanliness: Drink vessels presented must be free of all spills or drips when present. If not, they will not be judged on a visual score.
- *Competitors may wipe any drips from the sides of cups with a towel before they are placed on the judging table. Once a drink is placed on the judging table, it may not be touched.
– Some rounds will involve a wildcard cup or challenge - be ready...