Leadership Action Network Event – Melbourne March 2023
We are excited to offer our first Australian in-person Leadership Action Network events focusing on the very latest research and practical inspiration for managing the well-being of yourself and your people.
Our organisations and people are facing increasing complexity and volatility both within and outside of the workplace. There is a growing awareness within organisations that the “old” ways of working are proving unsustainable for business and unhealthy for our people who are voting with their feet as a result.
In our Leadership Action Network (LAN) event, Nick Petrie and Lettie Dalton will share insights from the latest global research into:
- Diagnosing where individuals, teams, or organisations are on the “burnout” spectrum.
- Finding the sweet spot that integrates employee growth and retention with organisational performance (dispelling the myth of the trade-off)
- The shifting role of leaders in a VUCA world of creating an environment of wellbeing and psychological safety.
- Emerging practices in the proactive empowerment of employees to manage their mental health and wellbeing
The session will look like this:
- Welcome and purpose
- Intro and chance to connect with like-minded leaders
- Diagnose your own context. Collaborate with one another to understand the well-being challenges and opportunities you or your team are facing
- Inspire via our guest speakers. Gain fresh insights and perspectives as well as discussion about the latest research findings relating to optimising performance and growth without burning out.
- Your Action. Reflect on the insights shared and their application within your own context. Stay in touch with peers from other organisations and industries to support one another along the journey.
The Leadership Action Network has the following principles:
- Benefit: Every event will provide direct benefit to every individual.
- Action: We will build our success and network through doing worthwhile things not just talking.
- Accountable: We will each hold other members of the Leadership Action Network accountable to do what we say we will.
Bought to you by Adeption
Adeption is one of the world’s most innovative and fast growing leadership development companies, driven by its mission of impacting one million leaders to work, lead and live ever smarter lives.
About the Perform / Grow / Thrive Project
Many individuals and organizations are working in ways that are proving unsustainable and unhealthy. Many of our beliefs and practices related to work are based on outdated ideas that once served well but are now proving detrimental. The Perform / Grow / Thrive research project aims to create a new set of powerful and engaging insights for employees and organizations on how to create healthy, high performance environments where people can thrive and not burnout. The research will create solutions that are relevant, practical and life improving for the modern, busy employee and the organizations they work in.
About Nick Petrie - Leadership Researcher and Practitioner
Nick helps organizations prepare for the future by creating cutting edge leadership development solutions that help leaders be more: adaptable, resilient and strategic. His clients include: Google, Walmart, Home Depot, NASA, TDBank, Wells Fargo, Lending Club, Kellogg's, Airbnb, Delta and Comcast. He has worked globally across industries including; engineering, tech, banking, pharmaceuticals, energy, law, accounting, construction and television.
His specialty areas are: leading in complexity, resilience under pressure. He partners with clients in various roles: designer, deliverer or advisor depending on the needs of each client. Nick holds a Master’s degree from Harvard University and two undergraduate degrees from Otago University. He is the author of the book Work Without Stress: Building resilience for long term success.
About Lettie Dalton - General Manager Delivery, Adeption
Lettie is a highly-experienced facilitator, trainer and coach, with a background working with organisations worldwide to empower, motivate and engage people. She is committed to making people happier at work and in life. Lettie’s extensive background working in project management, sales and leadership roles for corporate organisations has given her first-hand experience of how to address limiting beliefs, habits and gaps from a perspective of strength and possibility.
Lettie trained as a facilitator and coach with the Neuroleadership Institute, has her Professional Coach Certification (PCC) with the International Coach Federation, and a diploma in Positive Psychology and Wellbeing.