Let's be Clear - Easy English Webinars. February 2024.
Let’s be Clear
A series of 2 hour interactive webinars
Come to one, or come to a few.
Workshop 1: Easy English and Digital Literacy
Workshop 2: Easy English and Health Literacy
Workshop 3: Easy English and Legal Literacy
Workshop 4: Easy English and Financial Literacy
Each workshop is limited to 25 places.
Workshop 1: Monday 5 February 2024, 10am – 12 noon Melbourne time.
Workshop 2: Wednesday 7 February 2024, 10am - 12 noon Melbourne time.
Workshop 3: Monday 12 February 2024, 10am - 12 noon Melbourne time.
Workshop 4: Wednesday 14 February 2024, 10am – 12 noon Melbourne time.
Per workshop $100 + gst
Any combination of 2 workshops $175 + gst
Any combination of 3 workshops $250 + gst
Complete package of 4 workshops $325 + gst
- Investigate how your topic relates to current government policies.
- Explore Easy English in the context of the selected topic.
- Explore current research, data and application to the Australian context.
- Explore the language barriers and potential solutions.
- Identify image barriers and some potential solutions.
Anyone who wants to know more about writing accessible information for the public or their own workplace staff: Communications staff, planners, allied health staff, disability advocates, teachers, community educators, researchers, report writers, website writers, lawyers, work safety staff, NDIS staff & providers, My Aged Care staff & providers, administrative staff, project workers, Health Promotion staff.....
Not sure if this training is right for you?
Call Cathy Basterfield: 0466 579 855 or email email@example.com
Confirm your registration and pay with a Credit Card using the Humanitix 'Get tickets' tab
Request an invoice for Accounts Payable. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Easy English is owned by Cathy Basterfield.
Cathy is a trained Speech Pathologist, with more than 35 years’ experience.
She has a national and international reputation in the development of Easy English.
Cathy is acknowledged by her peers as a highly experienced practitioner in the field of Easy English, doing this work for nearly 20 years now.
She is recognised as being at the forefront of the development of Easy English in Australia, being one of the first practitioners in this specialist field, including the development of quality standards and benchmarks for Easy English. This also included writing the first guidelines for writing Easy English. This is still the basis of quality Easy English. You will receive the most up to date guidelines as a checklist which expands on the original work.
Cathy was awarded a Victorian Government Ethel Temby scholarship for an investigative study into international trends and accreditation for Easy English writing and publications in 2011. Cathy is a published author and is invited to present at conferences on this subject matter regularly.
In 2022, Cathy and her team were recognised for their Easy English work with multiple national and international awards:
- International Zero Project Shortlist for 2023.
- International Global Award 2022 – Most Outstanding Communicator for people with Disability in the World.
- Australian National Enablement Award 2022 - Most Outstanding Communicator in the NDIS Sector.
- APAC Insider Small Business Award 2022 for our Easy English training.
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI ) – COVIDSafe Business Community Award Finalist 2022. For our pro bono COVID19 content development.
See more at www.accesseasyenglish.com.au
Cathy is a member of
- Speech Pathology Australia. Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist.
- Key Word Sign Australia.