Professional and Researchers in Early Childhood Intervention (PRECI) is an Australian research-to-practice peak body focussed on outcomes for young children with developmental disabilities. PRECI was established as a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee in June 2022.
Our vision is Excellence and equity in services for young children with developmental disabilities and at risk of developmental delay, and their families.
Our purpose is to lead Australian early childhood intervention research, knowledge translation, quality practice, and policy for young children with developmental disabilities.
PRECI has been formed to:
· Provide a national network connecting early childhood intervention practitioners and researchers with a focus on supporting collaborative research, knowledge sharing and peer support.
· Provide early childhood intervention professionals, community organisations, researchers, higher education institutions and policymakers with an authoritative source of information about best practice in early childhood intervention.
· Identify, develop, promote, and raise awareness of advances in effective models of service delivery to ensure consistent implementation of best practice for young children and families.
· Promote a national approach to coordinated and comprehensive pre-service, in-service, and post-graduate training opportunities for professionals working with children with developmental delay and disability, and their families and related mainstream services, on contemporary and evidence-informed practices.
· Develop a national research framework and conduct research projects to advance and inform early childhood intervention within Australia.
· Promote interdisciplinary collaborations to ensure advances in research and translation of research into practice.
· Provide nationally coordinated and timely responses to federal policy, funding, and service delivery guidelines to support consistent contemporary practice in early childhood intervention.
Our Board includes early childhood intervention service practitioners, CEOs, researchers, academics, and consultants with many decades of experience in the field.