Live Love Work Port Phillip - 2021 International Women's Day Event
Join us on Friday 5th March as we celebrate the heart, soul and smarts of the women who live, love, work and run businesses in Port Phillip at our 2021 International Women’s Day event.
Bringing our community together, we'll hear from local Rita Arrigo, Industry Digital Strategist at Microsoft, about making our lives more human and reinventing our working lives. We’ll also share the inspiring local stories of women who came before us, network and meet new people.
Breakfast ticket (SOLD OUT) includes a two course sit down breakfast and parking at The Prince Hotel.
Zoom to the Room ticket includes Zoom access to our event at The Prince Hotel to hear from our speakers.
We are thrilled to announce that $5 from each ticket will be donated to Ready Set to help people experiencing barriers to employment, and the social isolation, financial hardship and mental health issues that can accompany it.
We look forward to seeing you at our Live Love Work Port Phillip, 2021 International Women's Day event.
Meet Our Speaker - Rita Arrigo
An Industry Digital Strategist at Microsoft, Rita is passionate about utilising emerging technology to redefine the meaning of ‘possible’.
Believing data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) can actually reinvent and help humanise our working lives, Rita sees the potential for a lifelong learning culture to be developed, creating new levels of human experiences. In her role as an AI Ambassador, Rita drives many ‘AI for Good’ initiatives, including Smart Inclusive Cities, Diversity, Sustainability and Humanitarian aspects. Rita was recently presented with the PauseFest Super Connector Award for her work in driving technology in the community.
Based in St Kilda, Rita has two daughters who mentor her in Generation Z ways, and is married to St Kilda Still Life artist Chris Beaumont.
Meet Our Charity – Ready Set
Ready Set help people experiencing barriers to employment, and the social isolation, financial hardship and mental health issues that can accompany it.
This South Melbourne based charity empowers jobseekers to be confident and equipped for job interviews, by providing professional clothing, one-on-one coaching and connection.
Since starting up in 2011 Ready Set has dressed, styled and coached over 6,500 Victorians.
Our commitment to stopping the spread
The Prince Hotel and the Live Love Work Port Phillip team are committed to keeping you, and our community safe at our 2021 International Women’s Day Breakfast. The Breakfast will be conducted in line with the public health orders and advice provided within the COVIDSafe guidelines set by the Victorian State Government. However we can all do our part in stopping the spread and ask that our guests adhere to the following:
· If you are feeling unwell or displaying COVID symptoms, we ask you stay home. If you are displaying COVID symptoms, entry to the event will not be permitted. If you have been in contact with a COVID case or someone presenting with symptoms, we also ask you stay home.
· We’re doing things a little differently this year > there will be no registration desk. Simply bring your ticket (printed or on your phone) and we will scan you in. We have also reduced multiple touch points to keep you safe.
· We will be welcoming you in our own COVIDSafe way > you will notice there will be no handshakes or hugs. Instead, we encourage you to bump an elbow or put on your biggest smile.
· Coming together while keeping our distance means > you will notice we have restricted our guest numbers this year to allow for appropriate distancing and spreading out. There will also be allocated seating and we ask you not to mix amongst tables.
· Masks are required inside as you move through The Prince Hotel (unless when eating and drinking), as per the current Public Health Order.
· Keeping it clean > hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout The Deck and the venue will be implementing their COVIDSafe plan to ensure a safe and wonderful experience for everyone.