Understanding the Voice: Logan Community Forum
Learn more about the Voice to Parliament, the practical difference it would make, and the role multicultural communities can play in this historic moment.
This free community event is also an opportunity to ask questions, unpack misinformation, and ensure you have the information you need when you vote in the referendum on 14 October.
What: Understanding the Voice – Logan Community Forum
When: Saturday September 23rd, 1pm
Where: Logan Entertainment Centre, 170 Wembley Rd, Logan Central QLD 4114
Join us for an interactive information session for community and from community, with guest speakers including:
- Youth Manager and Co-Chair of the Uluru Youth Dialogue Allira Davis
- National RAP Coordinator for The Salvation Army Australia and MOB23 leader Lucy Davis
- Federal Treasurer and Member for Rankin, the Hon Dr Jim Chalmers MP
- Constitutional lawyer Shireen Morris
- President of Queensland African Communities Council Beny Bol OAM
- Islamic College of Brisbane CEO Ali Kadri
- Former ACT Chief Minister and Co-convenor of Liberals for Yes, Kate Carnell
- Queensland Minister for Treaty and ATSI Partnerships, Leeanne Enoch
Light refreshments will be provided upon arrival, and there will also be performances and entertainment from local community groups.
This event is brought to you by a coalition of community organisations: Settlement Services International, Ethnic Communities Council of Queensland, Welcoming Australia and Queensland Community Alliance.
RSVP now to book your spot, and feel free to share this invitation with others.