Make a Kokedama | The Home Program |10:30am - 11:30am
We are bringing our popular Kokedama workshop back. Get your hands dirty these Summer School Holidays with a Kokedama workshop for all ages. Kokedama it is a traditional Japanese form of potting plants in a ball of moss. Translated Koke (ball) and dama (moss). A beautiful and unique artform with endless potential for creativity.
Come along and learn how to make these funky hanging moss balls using soil, moss, and string! Even if you don't think you have a green thumb don't worry, they’re also super easy to care for. After attending this workshop you will have the knowledge to go home and get creative making your own variations, as well as receiving instructions on how to nurture them for a long life.
If the weather is nice, we will be making our Kokedama's outside so please bring along, a hat, sunscreen and water.
DATES | Wednesday 17 January 2024
MORNING SESSION | 10.30am – 11.30am - all ages welcome, parents and carers are welcome to come along to. Children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult, older sibling or friend that can assist them, please purchase a separate ticket if this person wishes to make their own Kokedama.
VENUE | Black Gully, outside the Packsaddle Studio (located at the rear of NERAM). We will move into Packsaddle studio if the weather isn't great.
COST | $20
MATERIALS | All materials are included and you will have your own Kokedama plant to take home at the end of the session.
Maximum number: 12 participants.
Please cancel your place if you are unable to attend so that your place can be filled by someone else.
Terms and Conditions
- All bookings for workshops require payment in full at the time of booking.
- A minimum of 7 participants for workshop to proceed, maximum of 12 participants.
- Please be aware that once bookings close, we are unable to offer a refund.
- If the class does not proceed, you will be refunded any cash amount.
- NERAM events have a limited capacity and use a ticketing system. Bookings are essential, bookings close the day before the event. All participants will be notified of any cancellation of the event.