Make Soil with me: Hot compost build & garden tour
Learn to make exquisite compost the Blue Borage way, right here at the Soil Farm in Whangarata
- Green waste management
- Hot composting
- Using the biodynamic compost preparations
- See each stage of the soil making process
- Learn different methods for making a pile in a small home garden setting
What to bring
- Gardening gloves.
- If you have a favourite bucket you are welcome to bring it, but I have plenty here.
- We'll be outside, so gumboots or covered shoes are necessary.
- Wear suitable clothes for gardening. Most people like to have their own garden gloves when we start handling soil. We will go ahead in light rain, and in the case of heavy rain, we will find a suitable date to reshchedule.
This is 1:1 garden coaching so there is only one spot available. If you'd like to bring a family member (spouse, partner, parent, flatmate, friend, neighbour, relative), then that's fine, but please let me know if you're bringing anyone with you.
This style of teaching has come about after teaching workshops where people wanted to pick my brains and see my garden, but weren't quite ready to book me for a full consultation in their own property.
There will be ample time to talk through 2 hours worth of your composting & gardening questions, so come prepared.
As well as the topic of focus, we can look at some of the following, depending what's of most interest:
- Holistic weed management: all the methods I'm using on the soil farm.
- Hot compost, cold compost, just about any style of composting. See them all up close and ask about the pros and cons of each method.
- Container gardening solutions: see my favourite options planted up and ask about the pros and cons of each method.
- Worm farming: all the methods and the pros and cons of each.
- Biodynamic preparations: CPP, 500, the compost preparations and 501. I'm making most of these myself, and can show you the set-up for each of them.
- Humanure composting - this is separate to the edible garden, but if you are considering a waterless toilet system, then I can show you how I'm managing my waste.
Any questions about this class? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org