Making Biofertilisers on farm - 19th Oct 2023 Harden NSW
Learn to make range of biofertilisers on farm?
- Build your understanding of the different biological products
- Learn the basics of making biologicals on your farm
This practical 1 Day Workshop will give you confidence to get started!
Join us for this intensive, hands on, practical Workshop as we
explore the basics of making fermentation based
biofertilisers on farm. During the day you will learn:
- The different types of products: inoculants, biostimulants and biofertilisers.
- About the different approaches including Bioferts, Effective Microorganisms and Korean Natural Farming.
- How to make a range of basic Starter Cultures
- Compost Inoculants and Hydrolysates - high protein bioferments made with animal or food biomass
- A range of biofertilisers and biostimulants products using different approaches and ingredients
- Quality Control, storage and handling
- The different equipment options for making on farm at different scales.
This Workshop will demystify bioferments on farm and will give you practical tips for making and using them. The Workshop will be held on farm and includes a Manual with open source recipes. We will be making a number of products during the workshop.
"Thank you again for delivering a fantastic session" Bioferts Workshop Western Victoria April 2023
Dates & Time
Thursday 19th Oct 2023
9.00am to 3.30 pm
David is a professional agroecologist at Soil Land Food. He has been doing soil and regenerative agriculture extension and consulting all over Australia for over 20 years. He completed a degree in Ecological Agriculture at the University of Sydney with focus on ecological and organic farming systems, land management and rural change. For 5 years he worked as Technical Manager for a biofertiliser company that manufactured and sold a range of biological products including fermentation based biostimulants, humates, liquid fertilisers and rock phosphate products. He was involved in product development, QA and on-farm trials. In 2011 he completed the Mas Humas biofertiliser course. Since then he has worked with farmers, made and consulted on biofertiliser projects across Australia. Soil Land Food has been running this workshop across Australia since 2021.
Venue & Catering
The course will be hosted by Michael Baldry on "Collingwood" near Harden. Collingwood is a regenerative run mixed farming business.
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea are included in the Course Fee.
Places & Conditions
Places in this Workshop are limited to 40. In the event that the course does not go ahead due to minimum numbers not being reached 7 days before the course commences, or due to COVID restrictions or other exceptional circumstances, a full refund will be given. Attendees must abide by all COVID requirements of the organisers at all times.
Contact Suwanna at Soil Land Food for more information - 0431 679 693