Spinal Life Training : Bowel, Hoists, Manual Handling
This workshop is to educate and train our workers on safe practices of hand hygiene and manual handling. Including safe techniques and your safety. Use of wheelchair, Hoist, Commode, Walkers, Slide sheets, Pat slide.
- Manual Handling – including hoist, slide sheets and Sera Stedy
- Hygiene and Infection Control
- Autonomic Dysreflexia (Spinal Injury Specific)
- Bowel Care – including bowel therapy (enemas/suppositories/digital stimulation) and stoma therapy
- Catheter Care and bladder support
- Pressure Area Management (including basic wound care, not complex)
Staff are required to attend the full day of training and will be paid to attend.
Any cancellations or early departures without a medical certificate or prior approval will require the training to be paid in full.