MedTech Actuator Innovators Bootcamp (Adelaide)
A half-day workshop on how to address clinical needs with innovation and startups
MedTech Actuator will be delivering a half-day workshop on how to address clinical needs with innovation and startups. The MedTech Actuator is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that curates an ecosystem of MedTech, HealthTech and BioTech innovation and investment across the Asia Pacific region.
We'll be focusing on the early stages of innovation, including ideating and validating problems and solutions. Our speakers will guide you through the process and provide insights into the Health Innovation and Commercialisation Pathways that will help accelerate your success. There will be opportunities to develop, present and receive feedback on your commercialisation from mentors and peers that could form the foundation for future collaborations.
We understand that as innovators of early-stage technologies, clinicians and researchers have challenging demands and limited time. This workshop will give you the tools and strategies you need to make the most impactful decisions and solve problems in the most efficient way possible.
Join us in Adelaide on
Date: 22 May, 2023
Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer
Sturt Rd, Bedford Park
South Australia 5042,
10:00 - 10:10 – Welcome from hosts and MedTech Actuator
- MedTech Actuator programs overview: early innovation to startups
10:10 - 11:00 Session #1 Health Innovation and Commercialisation Pathways (Panel)
- Wendy Keech, Executive Director - Health Translation SA
- Amélie Froger, Business Development - Office of the South Australian Chief Entrepreneur
- Nick Heng, Innovation Manager- Aged Care Partnering Program at ARIIA: Aged Care Research & Industry Innovation Australia
11:00 - 11:30 Morning Tea / Networking
11:30 - 12:15 Session #2 – Idea to Market
- Identifying clinical needs and opportunities
- Conducting market research and validating assumptions
- Commercialisation strategy and early stage funding
12:15 - 13:00 Lunch / Networking
13:00 - 14:00 Session #3 – Building Blocks to Entrepreneurship (feat. April Van Der Kemp from DFU Solutions)
- Understanding the different stages of a startup
- Developing a strong team and company culture
- Navigating funding options and sources of capital
- Leveraging ecosystem resources such as incubators, accelerators, and industry networks.
This workshop is supported by the REDI Initiative, powered by MTPConnect, funded by the MRFF.
For any questions regarding the workshop feel free to reach out to Betty Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org