This one-day workshop will take you through the steps of setting up your own Mindful Me program in your school.
The Mindful Me workshop will give you:
- insights into MMA's secular and evidence-informed curriculum
- tools and strategies so you can help students with mild anxiety at school and home
- a theoretical understanding of brain science - focusing on the Amygdala, prefrontal cortex and hippocampus
- ideas on hands-on activities that encourage and foster the development of self-regulation in students
- access to exclusive Mindful Me resources for parents.
What is Mindful Me about?
Do you have intervention groups at school for literacy and numeracy, but now need a mindfulness initiative in place for students with mild anxiety?
Mindful Me is a tailored program that links brain education and techniques with mindful practices. Mindful Me teaches students how parts of their brain links to their emotions - and why and how these feelings occur.
The program covers aspects such as:
• identifying uncomfortable feelings
• understanding the brain - the amygdala, prefrontal cortex, hippocampus
• naming feelings in order to ‘tame’ them
• how we can have power over the automatic responses to which our brains are prone.
“The mindfulness - especially the [Dan Siegal hand-brain] model - really helped me with my anxiety. I feel like Mindful Me is a really good program for me and other kids like me.” - Neve, Year 6.
Watch Mindful Me in action?
About Mindful Meditation Australia
MMA is a not-for-profit focused on improving the mental, emotional and physical wellbeing of all, through evidence-informed mindfulness and meditation programs.
We've made a difference to the lives of over 17,000 children, through 3,700 educators completing our training and over 5,000 taking part in our presentations.
Everything MMA delivers is subsidised through the generosity of its philanthropic founder, Kerry Harmanis.
Learn more about the positive impact MMA is making to the emotional well-being in the community at www.mindfulmeditationaustralia.org.au
Do I need to bring my PDF ticket?
Yes, either have it digital or printed.
What is the dress code?
Event location and parking
This workshop is held at North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club, 151 Marine Parade, Cottesloe. Free, all-day street parking is available. A public carpark is also nearby.
North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club is a fully accessible venue.
Morning tea and lunch
Morning tea and lunch is included. Please advise if you have any dietary requirements when making your booking.
Have any questions?
Email: email@example.com or visit www.mindfulmeditationaustralia.org.au