Mini Animal Carer (5-7 years) Summer
Mini Animal Carer is a unique hands-on holiday program for kids aged 5 to 7 years who want to learn more about our furry and feathered friends through a range of fun interactive activities and behind the scenes encounters.
- Interactive Workshops: Engage in hands-on activities like preparing enrichment for dogs, cats, rabbits, and guinea pigs.
- Guided Shelter Tour: Explore behind the scenes and meet adorable animals available for adoption.
- Meet-and-Greet Session: Get up close and personal with one of our rescue dogs.
What does the price include?
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Access: Explore areas of the shelter not open to the public.
- School Holiday Gift Bag.
- Certificate of Completion.
- All proceeds go toward supporting the animals in our care!
To ensure a personalized and enjoyable experience for each child, we maintain small group sizes, and therefore, space is limited.
Terms and Conditions
- As a working shelter we routinely use peanut butter through the facilities as part of enrichment activities. If your child has allergies, please contact the RSPCA NSW Education team at email@example.com to confirm if the program is suitable for your child.
- Appropriate footwear, clothing and a hat are required to participate in all activities.
- Should a parent or guardian be late in collecting their child at the end of the session an additional fee may apply.
- You need to provide a refillable water bottle and morning tea for the day. Any food or drink brought from home can be refrigerated if necessary.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can my child attend a program outside of their age range?
No. Our programs have been specifically developed with the age of the participants in mind to make your child’s experience as enjoyable and impactful as possible. Furthermore, our Child Safety Policies reflect the age ranges of each program. Please note that if you book your child in a program that is not matched to their correct age, this booking will be cancelled.
2. Can I accompany my child for the program?
Your child will be in the care of our dedicated and experienced staff and parents or guardians will be unable to accompany their children throughout the day.
3. Will my child be able to handle the animals?
Although we endeavour to make our programs as interactive as possible, participants should not expect to interact closely or handle our shelter animals. Although there is often the opportunity to meet and pat one of our furry friends, this encounter is not guaranteed. The aim of the program is to learn about animals and how we can improve their lives. In line with this messaging, we prioritise the welfare of our shelter animals and wish to minimise any unnecessary stress upon them.
4. How active is the program?
A unique and exciting part of our programs is to go on an extended shelter tour and visit behind-the-scenes areas. We therefore requires participants to have a moderate level of fitness and good mobility to enjoy this part of the program comfortably. If your child has mobility challenges, please contact the RSPCA NSW Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.