Mothprocess: Celestial Bodies
Led by local Queer and Trans creatives, Mothprocess invites you to embark on a quest through faraway lands as we delve into the universe of Celestial Bodies.
Envisioning a world beyond the bounds of our planet is a survival mechanism for many marginalised folk, but it is also the seed from which our favourite stories grow. Our imagination and the tales we spin from it are the greatest form of escapism we can offer ourselves and others, and at Mothprocess we offer this escapism to you and our audiences. Embark on a quest to a faraway land, journey through fantastical worlds filled with mystical creatures, and — most importantly — dance along the way.
Think Sci-Fi, space colonisation, and alien.
Mothprocess is an access driven club night in Naarm [Melbourne] designed for First Nations folk and POC, the queer community, and disabled folk.
The night is hosted by ruhmantic, built under the creative vision of Producers & DJs Levi Kohler and Goddess Naavikaran. We believe that the life-cycle of music is much like a moth’s — each song a newborn larva brought into existence by the songs it descended from, that will one day bring forth new creations inspired by the pattern of its wings. We explore this concept through careful curation that traces genre to its deepest roots and its newest leaves. This is a space for party animals and musicologists alike.
All are welcome. Tickets are tiered - nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.
4:30 PM: Doors Open
5:00 PM - 7 PM: Low Sensory Hours
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: DJ Naavikaran
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: HipHopHoe
7:00 PM - 7:45 PM: Levi Kohler [Dance Set]
7:45 PM - 8:45 PM: Haus of Ralp // 8:15 PM - 8:45 PM: Big Daddy [Drag Storytime @ Bar Area]
8:45 PM - 9:00 PM: Eezham Demon [Key-note Speech]
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Venus$ Thangachi [DJ Debutante]
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM: KARMALITA
11:00 PM - 12:00 PM: Levi Kohler [Ambient Set]
Music ends when the spaceships lands the docks at 12 AM.Doors to venue to remain open until 1 AM.
- This event is 18+ only.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. Bathrooms will be non-gendered on the night, and have accessibility features.
- We are encouraging everyone to wear masks when indoors to up our Covid-safety and prevention. We will also have HEPA filters running in the bandroom for added safety.
- The venue is accessible via public transport via Footscray Bus and Train services.
- No smoking is allowed inside the venue.
- After 7 PM, the event may be loud for some folks, please care as you need for your ears/sensory needs. There will be no flashing/strobing lights. Bring your noise cancelling aid.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Outside food is welcome.
- Folk that require support workers can bring them along for free (i.e. without needing to buy an extra ticket. Please let us know via a DM so we are aware for numbers).
- The night has no AusLan interpretation or audio description.
- There will be filming taking place at this event, to be used for promoting future Mothprocess events. There will be wristbands available on the night for anyone not wanting to be filmed.
NOTE: to support access, we are requesting pay-it-forward tickets. If you can afford one more ticket in addition to yours, we would love you forever for it!
This event takes place on land belonging to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their elders past, present and emerging. Sovereignty was never ceded — this always was, and always will be, Aboriginal land.
The Mothprocess logo was designed by @/ykzachariah on Instagram.