Triangle#1 Men's Table Entree -Monday 21st Feb 2022
The Triangle #1 Men's Table Entree
21st February 2021 - River Rock, Bermagui
6:30 pm arrival for 7:00 pm sharp kick off - 9:00 pm
An introduction to The Men's Table through stories and dialogue over dinner..
for men interested in being part of the Men’s Table
"I feel very encouraged about the opportunity this presents for men; to come together and be real with each other" - Adam, Entree' attendee
"Very positive... great step towards the future" - Wayne, Entree' attendee
The Men's Table Entree is an introduction to The Men’s Table through open sharing over a relaxed and conversational meal. The cost includes a meal and a drink.
The Entree event is a chance to meet other men, learn about how a Table works and helping you decide whether you'd like to part of this local Men’s Table group.
It will be hosted by a couple of long standing members of other Men's Tables, sharing their experiences from their Tables, and responding to your questions, concerns and ideas.
What is the Men’s Table?
The Men’s Table is all about men serving men. The first Men's Table (MT1) began in 2011 with 12 men who have met once a month for dinner and ever since. It is now growing to become a national charity.
The Men’s Table creates a unique environment for men to share openly about their lives, their challenges, their highs and lows with a group of men who they learn to know, like and trust.
There's never been a better time to get connected and be part of building community. It's healthy to show emotions and share feelings, and it is time we freed men from outdated masculine norms.
The Men’s Table creates a sense of belonging, community, peer support and camaraderie that is lacking for many men, even for some who already have a group of mates.
Belonging to a Men’s Table contributes to mental, emotional and social wellbeing whilst being a powerful support to individual members journeys through life.
Each Men’s Table is a distinct expression of the needs and personalities of its members, established around a simple set of guidelines learned from MT1 and subsequent Tables. To remain healthy functioning and long lasting groups, all Tables are supported by the Kitchen, a central office.
What can you expect from a typical Men’s Table evening?
Men gain a great deal from sharing and hearing other men’s experiences of life. Each Men's Table group will have its own approach which can change over time. A typical evening often includes:
- Chatting, catching up as people arrive.
- At 7pm, A brief check in.
- As men feel ready, a man shares what is happening for him. This can be anything from moments of joy, happiness pride, challenges and or obstacles, how things are in relationships, work and friendships, the past, future, sadness, grief. The topics are as wide and varied as men’s life experiences. A persons sharing might be around 10 minutes. Confidentiality is important and it is up to a man if he shares that evening.
- As men share they are listened to and accepted; questions are generally not asked, unless the man would like input at the end.
- 'Fixing' of other men after they've shared about their lives is actively discouraged, even though most men want to jump in and offer advice
- Men share from their direct experience, speaking for themselves. We avoid prophesising and generalisation.
You will get a great overview of how it works at the Entree event. The Entree is an opportunity to meet other men who are thinking of joining and to see if the Men’s Table is a fit for you.
BTW - if you need financial support to be able to attend, please contact Sarah Lambert from Cobargo Wellness Group as Red Cross have funding to subsidise your participation in this group on 0417684300.
Here is a link to the website to find out more. https://themenstable.org
The Men's Table is a registered charity. There is no membership fee to be part of a Table; it's a grass roots activity driven by men in the local community
If you're interested in being a part of The Men's Table but can't make this date and would like to be kept abreast of future gatherings, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact:
David Pointon: 0412 199 648
Michael Collins: 0450 612 358