FREE Mum's & Bubs Yoga Class with Bec - Friday 6th October
House of She | Yoga Class | With Bec
House of She
FREE Mum's & Bubs Yoga Class with Bec
Friday 6th October 2023 |9:15 - 10:15am
Arrive from 9:00am ready for a 9:15am start. A beautiful one hour vinyasa yoga class incorporating a flowing stretch with elements of balance, strength, flexibility and a restorative savasana to finish. We'll nourish our mind, body and spirit in a relaxing, compassionate and welcoming space, all whilst our pre-crawling baby is right beside us, safe and secure. The class will be full of those beautiful golden, blissful moments whilst we explore our breath and seek inner peace. This class is suitable for beginners. We invite you to bring along a cup and your own morning tea if you wish to join us for a herbal tea under the tree and some fresh air post yoga. Please book online prior to the class. Spots are limited. This class will be FREE for this week and next week in recognition of Mental Health Week, however a $3 donation towards hall hire is greatly appreciated.
Please note - you will need to be at least 6 weeks post-partum and have medical clearance from your doctor to safely return to post-natal exercise. We recommend that you also consult a Women's Health Physio as part of your post-partum recovery and journey onwards. Please discuss any questions, concerns or relevant information with us to ensure that we are able to cater to your post-partum needs.
BYO yoga mat, water bottle and eye pillow for savasana (highly recommend). Eye pillows can be purchased at the checkout along with your yoga ticket, if you need one! Other optional BYO items - yoga blocks, cushion, and/or bolster or a large rolled up beach towel to use as a prop for savasana if you wish.
Baby BYO - we recommend bringing in the pram, a cushioned play mat, soft toy and whatever else you may need for baby during the class. This is a ground level building with easy access and is a spacious, open air space hall with fans to keep us cool. You will have plenty of space between you and the other class members.
Northern Beaches Community Hall, 24 Wallace Street, Bucasia.
- What if my baby cries or is unsettled? It is inevitable...babies will sometimes cry, but sometimes they will be content or even sleep. This will be a compassionate and welcoming space where you will be able to tend to your baby as you need to and we will have some other mindful practices to support you if you need to hold or feed baby midclass. You will be surprised at how much you can still get out of this time even with a few interruptions.
- What if my baby is having an unsettled day and won't let me put them down for the whole session? We'll work through it. We are flexible and accommodating.
- What if I've never done yoga before? Beginners are most welcome. We adjust to your level. There will be plenty of options. Your yoga journey starts where you are right now. You are not too weak, too inflexible, too monkey-minded or too anything. You just are. You will be fine. All journeys start somewhere.
- What if I queef? Welcome to the club. Queefs are welcome too. Pelvic floor strength only improves through practice, strengthening and using your pelvic floor muscles correctly and regularly. Yoga does this perfectly and safely and is a great way to complement or include your pelvic floor exercise program from a Women's Health Physio.
- Can I bring my toddler or older children? I am truly sorry, but at this time you cannot. This class is for pre-crawling babies only. We are looking to add a toddler/older child friendly class in the future where we can adequately include and accommodate all. Stay tuned.
- What if me or my baby are sick? Please contact us directly and do not join us at this class if either of you are unwell. We trust that you will always do right by us and thus we will always do right by you. Meaning, we will roll your session credit over to your next class in the event that either of you are genuinely ill and ideally notify us prior to the class so that your spot can be made available to another participant.
- What if I'm having a tough time the night before or morning of? Sometimes you do just need to pull the pin and hold space for yourself, however sometimes this will be the exact thing that you need. You'll never regret a yoga session, time with understanding and compassionate women who are walking or have walked the same journey. We are here for you, even if you are a few minutes late or feeling and looking a little worse for wear. Just show up as you are.
- Any words of wisdom? If I were you, I'd be arriving by 9am and spending the 15 minutes prior to the class giving baby a feed or gentle rock in the pram if they are due for nap. It is by no means necessary but will potentially maximise your peace during the class knowing that baby has a full tummy and may even have a nap.
- pre-crawling babies only please
- no noisy toys please
- be at least 6 weeks post partum, have medical clearnace from your doctor. We recommend also consulting a Women's Health Physio.
- no older siblings sorry
Purchase your ticket by selecting the 'Get Tickets' button.
Please also complete this online medical form and disclaimer prior to attending the class -
Bec | House of She