Open Day at Canberra City Farm
There will be tours of the Farm, and seedlings (lettuce, tomatoes, capsicums, eggplants, bee attracting flowers and lots of others) and rhubarb and other produce will be available to purchase, along with a CCF information stall enabling visitors to become members. We are also looking to include stalls from a range of like-minded organisations.
Cid Riley of Global Worming will be doing a tour, talk and Q&A session from 11.00am, where you can learn more about keeping worm farms at home.
Pizzas will be available for $2 and tea and coffee available for a gold coin donation.
A.C.T. Wildlife will be running its Fruit Tree Netting Swap, so everyone is invited to bring along their unsafe garden netting and to swap old, large-mesh nets for wildlife-friendly nets for FREE. They will also be demonstrating how to net a tree.
The schedule for the day is:
- 11.00 am: Learn about worm farming: Global Worming tour, talk and Q&A by Cid Riley - at Global Worming
- All day: Seedlings and produce for sale all day
- All day: Fruit tree netting swap all day
- All Day: Jerrabomberra Wetlands Discovery Stall
- 1.00 pm: Fruit tree netting demonstration in the Home Orchard
- Noon: Tour of Canberra City Farm
- All day: Pizzas and tea and coffee available
- All day: Ice cream, sorbet and non-dairy ice cream from Chameleon Icecreamery
Who: All welcome!
Registration: please register here