Open Day at the Marine Discovery Centre
Join the team at the Marine Discovery Centre for a morning of interactive fun, marine-based exploring and learning, followed by a guided beach marine trail on Henley Beach
During the session, you will have access to a variety of interactive discovery stations including Kaurna learning, sea aquariums, virtual reality headsets, and hands-on interactives and meet the team from both the Marine Discovery Centre and Friends of Gulf St Vincent.
10.30am - 12pm - Interactive Centre Activities
12pm - 12.30pm - Guided Beach Marine Trail on Henley Beach (if weather permits)
Marine Discovery Centre
Cnr Seaview Road & Marlborough Street, Henley Beach, SA 5022
(Parking is available behind the Henley Beach Parish, accessible via Foord Ave, located directly across from the Marine Discovery Centre)
Enter via Marlborough Street
* Aquariums featuring local South Australian marine creatures such as the Ornate cowfish, Tasmanian horned blenny, Big-Bellied Seahorses, Sea Stars, Porcupine Fish, Oysters, Shrimp, Murray River Turtle and more
* Virtual Reality Headsets giving you the opportunity to explore under the sea without getting wet. Underwater virtual reality experiences include Australian Sea Lions, Leafy Seadragons, swimming under the Henley Beach Jetty, and Google Expeditions to the Great Barrier Reef
* Kaurna Education Room (The Wodli) is an interactive room which highlights the relationship that Kaurna people have with the Adelaide Plains and the coast.
* Interactive models featuring our diving games, beachcombing game plus oceanography, sounds of the ocean game, fish schooling experience, climate change interactive, marine debris, marine habitats, touchscreens, sustainable fishing, stormwater, beachcombing, and get hands-on with our microscopes.
* Henley Beach Marine Trail 12pm - 12.30pm (if weather permits)
* Each ticket holder will receive a free beachcombing sheet to take home
* Event seeded by Green Adelaide
$10 per person (children 3 and under are free of charge)
Refunds requested within 24 hours of the event will not be refunded
FRIENDS OF GULF ST VINCENT AGM
**This event follows the Friends of Gulf St Vincent AGM, please contact them directly if you would like to be involved https://www.facebook.com/frien...
You are invited to join the Friends of Gulf St Vincent at our Annual General Meeting:- On Saturday 9 December 2023- From 9 am to 10 am- At the Marine Discovery Centre- Cnr Seaview Rd & Marlborough St Henley Beach (Star of the Sea school grounds)- Morning tea provided, followed by a tour of the MDC and beach walk with support staffWe are looking forward to updating you on the committee’s work throughout the year, our plans for the coming year, and inviting your feedback on your association. Morning tea is provided.We are also calling for nominations for the committee from all members of the Friends of Gulf St Vincent. Positions include:- chairperson,- secretary, - treasurer and - five general committee members.Simply send a letter naming the position you are interested in to the secretary at email@example.com