Outside the Square - People's Choice Exhibition & Competition #2
Create Collaborate Collective Inc is hosting "Outside the Square"People's Choice Exhibition & Competition #2 @ The Queanbeyan Hive. Works must include waste materials and may address the theme of our overuse of materials that end up in landfill.
- $1600 in prize money
- Entry is $20 with three age categories
- Up to two entries per artist
- Theme is Recycled in Art
- Medium: Things that would normally be trashed
- Final Artwork must include a visible Hexagon
- Exhibition 14-28 October (Qbn Arts Trail is on the 14-15 October)
This is a Rebus Theatre and Project Alchemy sponsored event made possible thanks to funding from the Australian Government for the Black Summer Bushfire Grant Program.
QPRC (Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council) are also a sponsor.
- 1 August – Entries open
- 8 October – Deadline for Artwork entries
- 13 October 6.00-8.00pm Official Opening
- 14-15 October Queanbeyan Arts trail
- 28 October 3pm exhibition closes
- 11 November 10am Winners announced
- 11-12 November (Gallery open) Garage Sale trail @ The Hive
- 12 November 2-6pm – Works picked up by Artists from The Hive
"Outside the Square" #2 Exhibition and Competition – Conditions of Entry
All works must be original, and work of the artist created within the last 24 months.
- All Artists must enter in one category only.
- OPEN (18+) 1st Prize $800/2nd Prize $300/3rd prize $200
- YOUTH (12-17 YEARS) $200
- JUNIOR ( 7–11 YEARS) $100
- Works must include waste materials.
- Works must fit within a one metre square area and weigh no more than 25 kilos. Please contact us if you have a works outside of these limits you would like to enter.
- By entering into the "Outside the Square" #2 Exhibition and Competition you give CCC the right to reproduce images of the entered work for promotional purposes both digitally (online) and in print.
- All 2D works must be framed and ready to hang with D-Ring hooks or similar.
- Sculpture works can only be submitted if they are suitable for display on a flat surface (plinth or floor) and sits within a perimeter of 1msq (taller works can be negotiated)
- Two entries allowed per person.
- Under 18 yr old entries need to include acknowledgement and email contact for a parent or guardian.
- Entry is $20 per entry
- All works must be for sale and Create Collaborate Collective Inc will collect 25% of all sales.
Artists exhibit at their own risk and will be responsible for the cost of freight each way and insurances while in
transit and exhibition.
- CCC will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused to any artwork whilst in their custody.
- CCC reserve the right to reject any wet, dangerous or delicate works that cannot be safely exhibited or any work received in a condition unsuitable for presentation.
- Artworks must be delivered to The Queanbeyan Hive, 12-6pm Wednesday 27 September or 10-2pm 8 October.
- All works need to be clearly labelled with the Artist name and work title.
- Collect artworks between 2pm & 6pm Sunday 12 Nov 2023
- Late entries will be accepted at the discretion of the organisers.
- CCC shall not be held responsible or any error or misdescription made during the production of the list of works or online content.
Contact Helen on 0403 994 446