Park Science - Incredible Insects - Spring 2023
Embark on a buzzing adventure this school holiday! Join our outdoor program to explore the captivating world of insects. Investigate why some are brightly coloured, while others blend in. Learn how bees see and marvel at invertebrate wonders. Hunt for bugs and differentiate between centipedes, millipedes, and worms. Engage in role-playing games and create insect-inspired art. Discover the vital role insects play in our ecosystem during a nature walk. Build a bug hotel to attract insects to your garden. Spring brings the perfect opportunity to nurture curiosity and knowledge about these incredible creatures. Join us for a day of excitement, exploration, and become an insect expert!
Eye-opening nature walk focusing on the role of insects in the environment
Bug hunt or dip net session
Nature games and art activities
Learn how to make cordage and create your insect hotel
Join us this Spring and become an insect champion through exploration, problem-solving, and fun!
Age: 5 – 12 years
Special notes: This program will go ahead in all weather except high winds or electric storms, so please come prepared with wet weather gear.
This a drop-off program for children aged 5-12 years. Parents do not attend with children.
A $50 late fee applies for children not picked up by 4pm.
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle and hat as all programs are delivered outdoors. Children must wear closed toe shoes.
- Please prepare for morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
- If your child is attending a full day program - you may like to bring a change of clothes.
- For children who have a Medical Plan, allergies or anaphylaxis, we require a copy of the child's medical plan and any medication that the children would require in an emergency (including an Epipen or oral medications).
- You may also like to bring or wear insect repellent if your child is prone to mosquito bites.
Our programs are delivered outdoors and we recommend all participants come prepared for the weather and current conditions with a raincoat and wet weather closed toe shoes.
I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all attendees associated with this booking do not attend if:
• We show any COVID-19 symptoms or feel unwell.
• We have been asked to self-isolate.
• We have had a positive COVID-19 test result and continue to have symptoms.
If any of the above apply to you or any attendee associated with this booking we request that you do not attend this program. In this instance please contact us via email to arrange a refund of your ticket for any of the above reasons.