Person Centred Lifestyle Planning - July to September
Are you planning for a Good Life not just a good NDIS plan?
Why is planning important?
We have learned from working within the NDIS planning and implementation that only planning with the NDIS is not enough to create a good life. We need to focus on visioning a good life and implementing good supports.
Developing a Person Centred Lifestyle plan will:
- ¨ Support the NDIS planning
- ¨ Ensure people supporting the person has the information they need to do their job and achieve positive outcomes
- ¨ Help you get the support you want / need
- ¨ Change the mindsets of supporters to a strengths-based practice
- ¨ Enhance the good work of supporting people in a person centred way
We are inviting individuals with disability / mental health, their family members and their supporters to participate in this course. NDIS funding can be used to participate in the workshops.
This Person Centred Lifestyle Planning course is an interactive program that brings people together regularly to experience a hands-on approach to developing a Person Centred Lifestyle Plan for themselves, their family member experiencing disability or mental health or someone they are supporting. In between sessions participants will be able to complete actions to implement the plan, share what they have learned with others that know and care about the person and gather further learning.
Workshops are facilitated by family members with experience in Person Centred Planning and Self-Directing supports as well as experienced disability/mental health professionals.
When: 10 Day Course – 9.30am-3.30pm
Starting Tuesday 14 July 2020 and
Concluding Tuesday 15 Sept. 2020
Where: On Zoom – link will be sent
Cost: $100.00 per day – NDIS claims available through cores supports or improved daily living categories
The series of workshops will cover:
- What makes a good life? Values and Principles of Person Centredness
- Person Centred Active Support
- Identifying people's gifts and strengths – what is important to / for – developing a Person Centred Profile
- Mapping people’s gifts, relationships, community and how we connect them
- How to support people in their Communication and Decision Making
- Matching good supporters and defining their responsibilities
- Planning, goal setting, documentation and gathering evidence to support funding
- Being safe and a positive approach to risk
- Solution focused principles to a positive future
- Developing, updating a Person Centred Life Plan – keeping it alive
Some of these days can be one off if the participant has completed previous training
Michaela Kennedy – Director – Jeder Institute
Rachel Dickson – Psychologist – Jeder Institute
Aleks Jovanovic – BIS Practioner – Jeder Institute
Week 1 – Mary Beth Lepkowsky - USA and Helen Sanderson - UK
Week 2 – Hanns Meissner - USA
Week 3 – Shelley Nessman - Canada
Week 4 – Beth Mount – USA
Week 5 – Dr Laura Chapman – UK
Week 6 – Peter Leidy – USA
Week 7 – Patti Scott and David Hasbury – USA
Week 8 – Norman Kunc and Emma Van Der Klift - USA
Week 9 – Michael Steibuck – USA
Week 10 – Bob Sattler - USA