Picture Book Masterclass with Zanni Louise
Learn the art of picture book creation, get feedback and enhance your story.
In this masterclass run over two weekends, you will learn all you need to know to write a compelling picture book, including character and plot development and writing techniques. You'll have plenty of time to develop ideas and write, and will also obtain feedback on your work so you can take your story to the next level.
Payment plans are available for this course. Please contact Queensland Writers Centre at email@example.com or call (07) 3842 9922.
Through this course, you will:
- Learn more about the publishing industry and book requirements
- Develop a range of story generation techniques
- Develop a picture book concept
- Learn writing and editing techniques
- Develop plot devices
- Obtain feedback on your work
- Prepare for submission opportunities.
- 10:30am – 4:30pm, Saturday 22 April
- 10:30am – 4:30pm, Saturday 20 May
This is a 2-part course with a focus on writing craft; as a hybrid event, it will be held in-person at Queensland Writers Centre and live streamed simultaneously to an online audience via Zoom. It is a level 2 course, suitable for committed writers of all levels and writing backgrounds.
Zanni Louise has published over 30 books for kids, including picture books, chapter books and middle grade. She tours Australia running writing retreats and visiting schools to inspire readers and writers. She also teaches online through The Sunshine House and mentors individuals towards publication.
Queensland Writers Centre membership
Consider becoming a member of Queensland Writers Centre (worth $79 / year) to save up to 30% across our Program of workshops, courses and events - including up to $125 savings on your ticket to the Picture Book Masterclass with Zanni Louise. Queensland Writers Centre membership includes a host of benefits:
- Belong to a vibrant community of Queensland writers
- Discounts of up to 30% across our Program, services, and competitions
- Subscription to the quarterly WQ magazine
- Priority access to writing advice from our experienced team
- Recognition for your writing achievements in our Member Milestones
- Access to Writer's Consults, the Writer's Surgery program and other members only services
- Access to member benefits of other state writers' centres in the National Writers Centre Network
Find more information on our website or get in touch with the team today.
For more information about Queensland Writers Centre’s Program of Events and answers to FAQs, please visit: www.queenslandwriters.org.au/program-info