Pitching for Artist Opportunities
Do you struggle to put together a compelling package when applying for art awards, exhibitions or commissions and are wondering where to start?
This two hour workshop will guide visual arts practitioners through the essential content for an application: what to include and what to leave out, how to tailor the application to the opportunity, and the best way to catch the eyes of selectors and judges. Content will cover:
- Want do you want to achieve - the differing opportunities and what they offer
- Developing an understanding of what organisers look for
- Researching the context for your chosen opportunity
- Reading and understanding the entry form and guidelines
- Artist statement, biography, CV and/or project proposal?
- Image selection – the most important task!
- Wrapping it up – submitting a professional-looking application.
Delivered by Liz Cooper, a curator, writer and consultant who specialises in contemporary craft, and multi-award winning visual artist, Lynette Fisher, this workshop will include lots of examples and case studies, and opportunities to ask questions.
When: 9am-11am, Thursday 28 September 2023
Where: The Classroom at The Kollective, 145 Seventeenth Ave, Tauranga
(Visitor parking is available outside the building)
Cost: $59 per person
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: Judges viewing 2020 Arts Whakatāne Highly commended award winner Three Graces - U'ufoasini, Akale'a, Ta'alea by Telly Tuita