PLATE BY PLATE returns to San Francisco on October 21st, 2023!
Plate by Plate is Project by Project’s (PbP) signature Annual Tasting Event and the nation’s oldest and largest Asian
American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) volunteer-organized tasting event. Every year, 500+ individuals come together
to enjoy the Bay Area’s best food, dessert, and beverage vendors in support of AAPI non-profits. In addition to
enjoying delicious bites and libations while mingling with the community, PbP also hosts a silent auction with
exciting prizes to be won.
This year, Plate by Plate will be held at Building 12 at Pier 70 in San Francisco. Situated alongside the dynamic and creative Dogpatch neighborhood, the former shipyard warehouse features an open floor plan with high ceilings that combines industrial charm with modern design elements. Join us for another memorable evening featuring top chefs and [40 well-renowned restaurants and beverage vendors] from all over the Bay Area, who will come together and donate their talents to support local Asian American non-profits. We are excited to celebrate our 2023 campaign theme, Education Access, and highlight our beneficiary partner, the Oakland Asian Cultural Center (OACC)!
Proceeds from this year’s event will be distributed to Oakland Asian Cultural Center and to help further Project by Project’s mission of developing a pipeline of AAPI leaders through innovative philanthropy.
Check out the recap video from our 2022 Plate by Plate below!
The General Admission (GA) Experience
Each GA ticket holder will receive:
- Unlimited tastings from 40 of the Bay Area’s best restaurant and beverage purveyors (alcoholic/non-alcoholic; vegetarian/vegan options available)
- Access to photo booth, silent auction, and raffles
- Complimentary coat check
- Invitation to our exclusive After Party!
The VIP Experience
Each VIP ticket holder will receive:
- One hour early access to unlimited tastings from 40 of the Bay Area’s best restaurant and beverage purveyors (alcoholic/non-alcoholic; vegetarian/vegan options available)
- Reserved VIP tasting experience, with top-tier food tastings and paired beverages
- Access to the private VIP Lounge in the venue’s upper mezzanine for a multi-level experience
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary coat check
- Free entry to the exclusive After Party! (1 complementary drink included)
- All the benefits of the GA Experience
For assistance upgrading already-purchased GA tickets to VIP tickets, please email email@example.com.
VIP Admission: 6:00 PM
General Admission: 7:00PM
Last admission to Plate by Plate is at 8:30 PM.
Can't make it to Plate by Plate but want to support us and our beneficiary partners? You can do so by donating! Your donation allows us to continue working on important social issues year after year and continues programs like Plate by Plate to assist our partners.
1. Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All guests must be 21+ and provide photo ID upon entry.
2. What is your policy on COVID-19?
We follow all Covid guidelines implemented by the City and County of San Francisco. As of March 2023, San Francisco no longer requires people to show proof of vaccination to enter large indoor events.
No proof of vaccination is required upon entry and masks are welcomed but not required.
3. Do I have to print my ticket and bring it to the event?
No. We accept both printed or digital tickets.
4. What's the refund policy?
No refunds. You can transfer your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend.
5. Are there in-and-out privileges?
There are no in-and-out privileges.
7. How can I get involved in PLATE BY PLATE?
We are receiving applications for volunteers. Click here to apply. All volunteers must attend one Plate by Plate volunteer training session, in which the two options are listed below:
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023 from 6-7 PM Pacific
- Thursday, October 12, 2023 from 6-7 PM Pacific
9. Is a portion of the ticket price tax-deductible?
Yes, up to $75 per ticket. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Order Number
- Number of tickets (please specify whether it is GA or VIP)
10. What if I have allergies or dietary preferences (e.g., vegan or
Our event is vegan-friendly! Vegetarian and vegan options will be indicated on each vendor’s menu, as well as common food allergens. If you have more specific questions about the ingredients or preparation of any items, please ask our vendors directly.
11. Will there be a coat check?
Yes, there will be a complimentary coat check inside the venue.
12. Will there be parking?
Parking is limited at the venue and we highly recommend utilizing rideshare services. Please observe all SFMTA signage when street parking in the Dogpatch neighborhood.
13. What is the Dress Code?
Please come dressed in either cocktail or formal attire.