'Powerful Voices'- social singing for people with disability
WHO THIS EVENT IS FOR?
- Adults with intellectual disability
This is your chance to:
- Meet new people and make friends with others who love music and singing
- Enjoy weekly sing-alongs of popular songs in a music rehearsal studio
- Work with the group on a song writing activity. The song writing activity will also help you learn about your rights and speaking up for yourself to become 'Powerful Voices'
- You do NOT have to be a great singer -all levels of singing talent are welcome
- The focus of the event is to connect with others in the community, have fun and increase your confidence along the way
- The weekly musical activities will be led by 'Emma from Joyful Sound', an experienced musician & songwriter with a background in supporting people with disability
- Mamre staff & co-designers will co-host the event, welcome you and introduce you to other group members
- If you need 1:1 individual support to participate in this event, please bring along your own support person (please register your support person so we can cater for group numbers)
Important: This group runs for 4 sessions. If you register to attend this group, you agree to attend all 4 sessions on the dates listed below:
Session 1-Friday 20th October 10am-12
Session 2- Friday 27th October 10am-12
Session 3-Friday 24th November 10am-12
Session 4- Friday 1st December 10am-12
Session 4- (LUNCH) Friday 1st December- 12-1pm- Free catered lunch for the group.
All group activities are FREE. You must register to attend.