Provide First Aid - Certificate course
School of Engineering, Design and Built Environment
The SoEDBE invite HDR Candidates to complete a Provide First Aid Certificate course on Friday the 15th December at Kingswood Campus run by Australian Lifesaving Academy NSW.
Registration only event.
Registration will be capped at 25 people, so please ensure you complete the registration if you would like to complete this course.
Date: Friday, 15th December 2023
Time: 9am - 5pm
Australian Lifesaving Academy NSW
Provide First Aid
- Legal issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations and convey details of the incident to emergency services
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Contribute to workplace reporting of an incident and psychological impacts on self and others
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies using available equipment
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings