Park Science - Marvellous Machines at Callan Park Summer 2024
Inspire your inner engineer on our zany Marvellous Machines day at Callan Park!
Learn about simple machines such as screws, wedges, levers and pulleys using natural materials and by playing games. Working in teams, you will design and build a machine that will be able to lift objects from the ground using a pulley system of your own design.
This engaging STEAM challenge presents an opportunity for participants to learn the engineering design process and build their own Marvellous Machine. Participants learn how to work in a team, brainstorm, plan, design a blueprint and ultimately - build a machine!
Age: 5 – 12 years.
Friday 19th January, 10am - 12pm.
Wednesday 24th January, 10am - 12pm.
This program will go ahead in all weather unless it is unsafe to do so (high winds, thunderstorms), so please come prepared. Children must wear enclosed shoes.
Ensure your child comes prepared for a fun-filled day at Centennial Parklands.
- - Please ensure your child has a refillable drink bottle.
- - Come prepared for the weather with sun protection (hat, sunscreen, cool clothing) and wet weather gear (raincoat, shoes and change of clothes). Children must wear enclosed footwear.
- - For children who require medication or have a medical treatment plan, please provide clearly labelled with child’s name and instructions for the educator at drop off. Examples include Epi-pen for Anaphylaxis, Asthma Inhaler or Allergy medication.
Our drop-off school holiday programs have an adult to child ratio of 1:10. We are unable to offer a 1:1 support for children. If your child has a diagnosis or specific accessibility, communication or behavioural need that should be considered to support our child in an outdoor play environment. Please ensure you email us to discuss the needs of your child at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can plan accordingly.
This is a drop-off program for children aged 5-12 years. Parents do not attend with children.
COVID-19, Infectious Disease and Viruses:
I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all attendees associated with this booking do not attend if:
- We/I show any COVID-19, Infectious disease or virus symptoms or feel unwell.
- We/I have had a fever, diarrhoea or vomiting within 12 hours or at the time of the program.
- We/I have been asked to self-isolate.
- We/I have had a positive COVID-19 test result and continue to have symptoms.
If any of the above apply to you or any attendee associated with this booking we request that you do not attend this program. In this instance please contact us via email to arrange a refund of your ticket for any of the above reasons