Nature and Nurture Retreat
Somewhere inside you, you know your intentions for the new year and the changes you want to make. But will you make them?
Join us for a beautiful weekend in nature to gain clarity and confidence in the life YOU want to live in 2024!
What you'll come away with:
- A renewed sense of clarity and conviction on your intentions for 2024
- A deeper sense of peace from a range of mindfulness and relaxation practices
- A community of like-minded people looking to make the most of their next year
- New skills in reflection, caring for yourself, and caring for others
- Deeper investment in yourself, and the practices you need to succeed.
What to expect:
- Arrive at our exclusive farm stay in the Magalong Valley, with mountain views, swimming creek, and total seclusion from the outside world
- Campfire cooked, plant-based dinner, with an intro talk into easy tips to help you eat more consciously, sustainably, and nutritiously
- Sunset welcoming celebration (this is going to be such a beautiful practice, will keep the details a secret for now)
- Firedance by the fire, with music, movement, connection with the rest of the participants
- Morning Yoga practice, suitable for all levels, to build flow and energy into the day.
- Breakfast of fruits, nuts, teas, and other healthy options
- Reflection Session: Guided practice to integrate the lessons from the previous year, and get clarity on where you are really at.
- Lunch and Free time: Swim in the river, connect with others, and enjoy the beautiful space
- Intention session: Guided exercise in setting in tensions as we explore themes like: will vs surrender, ambition vs contentment, consistency vs stagnation, and help you clarify what really feels true for you in 2024
- Cooking Class: Get a 101 guide to plant based, plastic-free cooking, where we'll walk through spice combinations, seasonal eating, food waste reduction, and preparation techniques for a more integrative way to eating
- Sharing Circles: We'll share food, stories, and experiences by the fire,
- Shavasanah Practice: Combining meditaiton, relaxation and star gazing, we'll run through a really beautiful practice to integrate our intentions with a sense of openness, contentment, and tranquillity.
- Yoga, Breathwork and Meditation Practice, building on the previous day's practice
- Getting unstuck: Guided exercise to help us build the muscle of overcoming obstacles to our intentions, increase our creativity, and maintain our perseverance in the face of adversity.
- Bushwalk: Enjoy some of the beautiful nature of Australia's Blue Mountains (and a mountainous cold-plunge for those that are keen)
- Finishing Ceremony: A beautiful sign-off to an amazing weekend.
Matt Heath: Somewhere between starting 3 businesses, running a charity, living in a van for a year, living overseas, becoming a full-time activist, running a meditation community, becoming a Buddhist, and consuming over 1,000hrs of content on living a better life, Matt’s learned a thing or two on what does (and does not) lead to a meaningful life.
After working as a strategy consultant with big corporates, Matt increasingly turns his life to helping others with the strategy of the self. He brings the skills, objectivity and analysis from consulting, with the purpose-driven mission of helping himself and others to create a more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.
During the retreat, he’ll be leading exercises to use truth, language and reflection to help you write a beautiful Next Chapter for your life.
When: Friday 19th January 5pm to Sunday 21st January 3pm
Where: Kanimbla, New South Wales (in the Megalong Valley, 2hours West of Sydney)
This will be a 'glamping setup' with space for approximately 6 people to sleep inside the structure on the property, with another 8 spots available in the large 7m Bell Tent). For those wanting more privacy, please feel free to bring your own tent/campervan/etc). Additional tents can be made available on request.
Further details to be shared closer to the event time
See you there!