Reimagining Resilience - Inaugural Changemaker Wellbeing Breakfast
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, do better.” - Maya Angelou
With more than 45% of our social sector workforce exhausted, stressed or overwhelmed, new workplace mental health legislation in place, and a growing lag in achieving the global development goals – what can we do as a sector?
Join this important inaugural sector event where we come together to:
· Launch Stage 1 of The Community Well - Social Sector Wellbeing and Resilience Hub, a flagship initiative of Benefolk Foundation
· Hear from ambassadors for social sector wellbeing
· Become champions for change in the sector and your workplace
· Hear about the new Wellbeing Lens toolkit, and how it can intersect with gender and climate lenses
· Meet the winner of the inaugural Wellbeing Governance Award
It’s been 3 years since the 340 voices in the RESET 2020 National Impact + Need Research Study (*) data shared stories of burnout and fatigue. The project funded by Equity Trustees went on to become the evidence base for The Community Well, with Stage 1 funded by Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation.
The ‘Reimagining Resilience’ breakfast will bring together leaders from across the not-for-profit, charity, social enterprise, government, business and philanthropy sector – changemakers who care deeply about our people's readiness and ability to meet future challenges.
Join our distinguished guests, and speakers:
- The Hon Dr Andrew Leigh, Assistant Minister for Competition, Charities & Treasury
- Dr Catherine Brown OAM, CEO, Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Sue Woodward AM, ACNC Commissioner, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- Ben Vasiliou, CEO, Youth Projects (inaugural winner of the 2023 Wellbeing Governance Leadership Award)
Hosted by Sarah Davies AM, Chair, Benefolk Foundation and Julia Keady, CEO/Founder, Benefolk
We would be honoured for you to join us flying the flag for a strong and resilient social sector.
Host a table and bring your team, colleagues, clients and partners. All proceeds will help us power the new free sector resource, The Community Well.
IS THE EVENT SOLD OUT?
Thankyou for your understanding. At 21.09.23 the event was nearly sold out. If that's the case when you arrive here, please register your information to join the Wait List. We are speaking the venue to see if we can have a few more seats, and will be in touch. Please also email our team email@example.com at any time.
YOUR EVENT HOST – BENEFOLK
Benefolk (formerly The Xfactor Collective) is a social enterprise professional services intermediary that works alongside its sister charity Benefolk Foundation, to provide support, services and resources to the social purpose organisations, and advocate for improved mental health and wellbeing outcomes for the social sector workforce.
OUR FLAGSHIP INITIATIVE – THE COMMUNITY WELL
The Community Well contains online resources tailored specifically to the needs of Australia’s not for profit, community and charity sector. The carefully curated content makes it easier for social sector leaders to prioritise wellbeing and take action around six pillars – prevent, protect, educate, enhance, crisis and recovery.
(*) RESET 2020 National Impact + Need Research Study, conducted by Benefolk (formerly The Xfactor Collective) in 2020