Research + MedTech + HealthTech Mixer
Tech Central, Australia's innovation engine has a beating heart of medical research, HealthTech and MedTech.
A world-leading research hospital. Over 100 research institutes. Three world-class universities. And that's not to mention the health and medical startups commercialising world-changing ideas. All right outside your door here in Tech Central.
Want to meet 'the people in your neighbourhood'? Get yourself along to this fun casual mixer and find out what your fellow health and medical people have been up to. You might meet a co-founder, you might meet an investor, you might meet a mentor, or maybe even a friend for life. But you'll definitely walk away with a High Feelgood Factor for the future health and medicine research and innovation in Tech Central!
Doors open at 5:30pm and we'll kick off proceedings at 6:00pm sharp.
It's a very informal evening of rapid-fire lightning presentations from medical researchers, med-tech and health-tech startups from across Sydney University, RPA, Sydney Research, UTS and more. The 'people in your neighbourhood'. In fact: if you'd like to share a 90 second lightning talk, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put you on the program!
Here's who you'll be hearing from and connecting with:
- Trisha Al-Mazi, Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The Woolcock Institute
- Amani Batarseh, Chief Scientific Officer, BCAL Diagnostics
- Professor Melissa Baysari, Professor of Human Factors at the School of Medical Sciences, University of Sydney
- Sarah Crowe, Founder of 4eyes Vision
- Tim English, Co-founder of Metaboly
- Ariella Heffernan-Marks, Medical Student at Macquarie University Hospital
- Stephen Hunt, Co-founder of Music Health (Vera)
- Trish Kahwita, Palliative Care General Practitioner
- Professor Paul Keall, Professor of Medical Physics at the University of Sydney
- Sarah McDonald, Founder of Baymatob
- Katie Perren, Deputy Director at Sydney Institute for Women, Children and their Families
- Mark Radić, Co-founder of Panteya
- Antony Rapisarda, Founder of Orthodx
- Essam Refai, Founder of X-VR
- Professor Christopher Semsarian AM, Head of Molecular Cardiology Program at The Centenary Institute
- Robyn Sierla, Co-founder of Lymbase
- Sicong Tu, Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer at the Brain and Mind Centre
- Stephanie Watson, Head of the Corneal Unit at Sydney Eye Hospital
- Matthew Wilkinson, Head of Manufacturing Operations, Inventia
Keeping our community COVID-Safe
We're all in this brave new world together.
- We request all our attendees to be double vaccinated.
- Please don't attend if you're not feeling in tiptop shape.
Note that these requests are subject to change and that we will strictly follow NSW authorities' recommendations at all times.
How to find Sydney Knowledge Hub
Sydney Knowledge Hub is in the Merewether Building at Sydney Uni: corner of Butlin Avenue and Princes Highway (map).
You may be photographed or filmed while attending this event: please approach the organiser if you have questions, concerns, or do not wish this to happen.
The event organisers may add you to a mailing list so they can follow up, and you can receive updates about their activities: this mailing list will have an easy-to-find unsubscribe button.
This event is produced by Spark Festival and upholds the Spark Code of Conduct.