RSE Leadership Training Program Expression of Interest
We kindly invite you to express your interest in participating in this professional development event, as we require a minimum of 6 participants to proceed. We are thrilled to announce a temporary discount of 20% exclusively for the program's first intake, bringing the price for all 5 sessions down to just $1300 AUD, approximately 800 Euros or 700 GBP. It's important to note that the standard price for the program is $1600 AUD or 1000 Euros.
If you would like to sponsor this event to increase the discount or to create free placements for people from multiply marginalised groups, please reach out via the Practical Diversity and Inclusion contact page.
We want to assure you that the discount will only be applicable to the first intake, making it a unique opportunity. We highly encourage you to take advantage of this special offer. Please be aware that the event will be capped at 10 participants.
This leadership course is possibly the first in the world that underpins a technical leadership course with an intersectional framework.
It focuses on centering the individual and prioritising based on the "degree of difficulty" across recruitment, retention, and relationship management.
This course lays bare the core, practical concepts that you need to know to be an outstanding leader. This is an idea fit for those who are new to being a RSE group leader or are establishing a new RSE group for the first time.
This is a 5 session leadership training course. It will be done on a weekly schedule in the month of October on the 19th, 26th, 2nd November, 9th November, and 16th of November at 9pm Melbourne time (UTC+10). Each session can go from 2 to 2.5 hours.
Learning outcomes include:
- Identify and implement a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) framework to allow you to unearth talent that you may have missed.
- Identify and recruit for continuous improvement skills that allow you to identify high performers that can future-proof your organisation.
- Conceptualise and setup talent pipelines to proactively attract and onboard talent to your organisation.
- Reflect and review alternate methods to manage high-performing teams in a constantly changing environment.
- Conceptualise how an advocacy-based approach can help deal with difficult people and build relationships.
You can find the full course outline along with learning outcomes hosted on Figshare.