SAM Clay School: Throwing 101 with Denielle Anderson
Join Kialla-based ceramicist Denielle Anderson in this throwing clay intensive. No experience needed - this is the perfect opportunity to get your hands messy with clay for the first time. Over four hours, you'll learn everything from wedging clay to throwing your own functional objects.
'Throwing' is the technique used to shape clay on the pottery wheel. It's a great way to not only get used to the feel of clay, but also to form your own vessels from scratch. With just 7 places available, you'll receive guided instruction in a relaxed, intimate setting.
- 4 hours of class time (with 30 min lunch break)
- All materials, including clay, tools and access to a pottery wheel
- Drying and firing services
What else you need to know:
- This workshop is intended for people aged 16+
- Bring a towel to protect your clothes from clay
- Wear clothes that can get dirty
- Bring a packed lunch
- Leave your rings and jewellery at home to prevent damage
- Expect a 4-6 week wait for collection of your work