School Holiday Farm Play Day
Join us at the beautiful Green Connect Farm for an exciting day of school holiday
There will be so much to do and things for kids of all ages to enjoy. The day will focus on unhurried time in nature with play in the Childrens Garden, along with different experiences to get involved with each day depending on what is happening on the farm. We work with the weather and with nature to create the best experience possible!
Some of these activities might include;
- Taking an adventure through the farm learning about how food grows and how we farm in a way that is good for the earth
- Feeding the pigs fresh produce
- Meeting the chickens and maybe even collecting the eggs
- Patting and feeding the goats and sheep
- Stirring up some magic in our beautiful mud kitchen
- Harvesting and tasting fresh food growing wild around the farm
- Building shelters from bamboo and recycled fabric
- Playing with our sustainable repurposed loose-parts
- And lots more...
Bring the kids, burn some energy and have some fun. There is nothing better than free time and free play in nature for school holidays.
This day is open to kids of all ages but is best suited to ages 6 months - 12 years.
Babies under 6 months are free with ticket holding sibling. If you wish to bring a baby without older siblings, they will require a child ticket.
Please note - adults do require a ticket. This helps us manage numbers, safety and the overall experience more effectively.
Before you book your ticket, please consider the following:
- This is not a drop-off school holiday program. Parents and/or guardians must stay onsite and are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- The site is a working farm - all visitors will be given a brief safety induction upon arrival. You enter the site at your own risk.
- The terrain at the farm is steep and can be slippery in parts. Participants may be required to walk across uneven or sloping ground.
- Most of the farm is not accessible for wheels chairs or prams. If you have mobility restrictions or any concerns about your ability to navigate the terrain, please contact us before booking.
- Allergen advice: Our farm is home to domestic animals as well as bees, wasps, and macadamia trees. Please pack an EpiPen if allergic and keep it with you while on site.
- IMPORTANT- To enter the main part of the farm you must wear enclosed shoes or boots (strictly no thongs or sandals allowed).
- Our farm plants love rain and so do we! We don't cancel workshops in wet weather unless there is a dangerous storm, so be ready to come prepared for the weather. Hat and sunscreen or gumboots and raingear.
- Bring a water bottle.