School Holiday Fun at Centre City- Merry Community Christmas Workshops
Centre City is running Merry Community Christmas workshops from Monday 2-Friday 6 October, during the second week of the school holidays.
Children around Taranaki can help make decorations that will hang around the Centre this festive season as part of our Centre-wide Christmas display.
Spaces are limited for each session – bookings are essential!
Workshop sessions are FREE- Please bring a non-perishable food item as your entry fee- Centre City will donate all items to the New Plymouth Community Foodbank annual Christmas Food Drive on Monday, 4 December.
This workshop is:
- Perfect for children who love to create
- Perfect for parents who want to shop in the Centre during the school holidays
- Designed to encourage children to think about community
- Limited to 25 children per workshop
- Workshops are facilitated by Jen Harries- a practising artist and experienced educator.
- Fun, creative and inspiring for children
- Giving children an opportunity to see their creations featured as part of the entire City’s Christmas decorations in 2023
- Each workshop is 1 hour long.
- This workshop is designed for children interested in art and capable of focusing for 1 hour on a creative project.
- Suitable for children ages 4+. Children must be able to use scissors and dye. Workshops involve cutting, folding, and using dyes that may require adult assistance during the workshop.
- If you are booking a child between the ages of 4-8, we require a guardian to be present during the 1 hour workshop. Limit to one adult per child.
- Children 8 and above do not require a guardian present for the workshop session if the parents remain in the Centre.
- Please dress children in older clothes that can be marked or stained.
- Christmas decorations made during each session will remain the property of the Centre to be used as part of our 2023 Christmas display.
- Merry Community Christmas workshops will take place at Level 1 Centre City, next to Just Cuts.
- Please arrive at your session 10 minutes before the workshop starts. Please have your booking confirmation ready.
Minimum of two facilitators per workshop
About The Hipperdashery- Jen Harries
Jen Harries is a Maven of Creative Adventures.
In her youth, she loved being surrounded by art and creative activities, immersed in anything painting, drawing, sewing, printing, DIY making and many other artistic mediums. Her journey through life has been an exploration of creativity, filled with trial and error, and playful experimentation.
Jen’s heart beats for workshops, where she witnesses the magic of creativity unfold. Her passion lies in guiding kids and aspiring artists to create something of both quality and imaginative explosion. While she aims to hold her environmental ideals, her primary focus is igniting the sparks of creativity, solutions and imagination in kids and adults alike.
Jen believes that creativity is a superpower. Her mission is to share this creative magic with the world, one art project, one dance step, and one handcrafted masterpiece at a time. She loves to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary and aims to create a whimsical and action-packed art session at the first Centre City Christmas art Session with The Hipperdashery! 🎨💃🌟