SECCA Open Day 2023
The SECCA Open Day is an opportunity to learn more about how we support people with disability to learn about relationships, sexuality, and sexual health.
The SECCA Open Day will be jam-packed with presentations, focused on parents and carers in the morning, and health professionals in the afternoon.
For Parents and Carers
- 8:30am - 9:00am: Registration, Tea and Coffee, Meet and Greet
- 9:00am - 9:10am: Welcome, Acknowledgement of Country, Introductions
- 9:10am - 9:30am: Presentation: What happens after I make a referral?
- 9:30am - 10:00am: Presentation: Art Therapy
- 10:00am - 10:30am: Presentation: Sexuality, Relationships, and Your Rights resource
- 10:30am - 10:45am: Morning Tea
- 10:45am - 11:15am: Using the SECCA App to teach Sexuality and Relationships Education
- 11:15am - 12:00pm: Presentation: Gender Diversity
For Parents, Carers, and Health Professionals
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Explore the SECCA Library and Lunch
For Health Professionals
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm: Presentation: Supporting People with Disability to Access Sex Workers
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm: Presentation: Policy Writing
- 2:00pm - 2:15pm: Afternoon Tea
- 2:15pm - 2:45pm: Presentation: Responding to Disclosures of Abuse
- 2:45pm - 3:15pm: Presentation: Using the SECCA App to teach Sexuality and Relationships Education
- 3:15pm - 3:45pm: Presentation: Sexual Assistive Technology
- 3:45pm - 4:00pm: Wrap Up and Networking
Come along, meet our team, and learn more about supporting people with disability to learn about relationships, sexuality, and sexual health.
We look forward to seeing you there!