Self-guided Groups at Collingwood Children's Farm
You’ll get the chance to discover the Farm at your own pace with your self-guided experience supported by a map and pack of optional activities provided by staff to encourage wider exploration of the Farm. By taking a walk focusing on your senses and interacting with the animals and gardens, this option is fun for active children to get together and explore the grounds during the school holidays.
- Available to children of all ages
- Booking options include: 20, 30 or 40 attendees, including adults (we recommend 1:5 ratio)
- Start time from 10 am—2 pm (specify start time in booking)|duration: 2+ hours
- Available on weekdays during Victorian school holidays only
- Price: from $220 plus booking fees.
Outline of the Day
While the activity options are determined by your preferred arrival time and pace, this is a general outline of the day:
- Upon arrival at the Farm, please check in at Reception who will provide you with your map and pack of optional activities. They will organise for an on-ground staff member to welcome you and give you a short introduction to the Farm’s facilities and expectations.
- We recommend dividing into smaller groups of no more than ten attendees to get the best experience out of activities.
- Join in on daily activities at your leisure.
- You may choose to have a packed picnic on the grass or purchase morning tea or lunch from the Farm Cafe.
- At the end of your booking, please return your map and pack of optional activities to Reception.
What to Wear & Bring
- Come dressed for any weather—rain, hail or shine! Waterproof and sun-smart clothing is essential, including a rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, pants and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes. Flat boots or gumboots are suitable options, especially when it rains and the Farm gets muddy.
- Please note: This booking does not guarantee a landing place, only light coverage areas, to leave bags and valuables during your booking. Please ensure all belongings can be carried around the Farm or get in touch with us to request a designated space.
Once you’ve made your booking, you'll receive a confirmation email that outlines the key logistical, behavioural and safety information to read and understand before your visit. If you are booking on behalf of a school or service, please ensure that the staff attending the booking receive this document so that they can arrive prepared.
A discussion with children about interacting with animals in a calm and safe manner is encouraged to ensure everyone enjoys their visit to the Farm. Attending adults will be held responsible for the behaviour of children onsite.
Please see the School Holiday Program page on our website or click on the links below to view the following supporting documents:
- Covid-safe Plan
- Child-safe Policy, Code of Conduct and Procedure
- Risk Management and Mitigation Information
Thank you for your support! Your bookings help us to fund and care for the animals, land and programs that make Collingwood Children's Farm a place for community through social inclusion.