Please join the Ballarat Permaculture Guild for a day in the country permablitzing!
Our hosts, Meg and Keith have built their dream, solar passive home on a beautiful but bare 5.5 acres. Inheriting only 2 established trees on the land, they have been working hard to plant trees and shrubs, establish a productive veggie garden and orchard, maintain a happy flock of chooks and compost everything they can.
Tasks on the day will include:
- Construction of a large (17m) polytunnel
- Demonstration and construction of wicking beds
- Weeding and mulching the young fruit tree orchard
- Construction of future flower beds using recycled materials
- Planting of approx. 40 native trees and shrubs
- General tree planting and weeding where time permits
Lunch and refreshments will be provided by the hosts, so registration is essential for catering purposes.
There are 3 horses on the property as well as a friendly Maremma named Cherry. Children are welcome to attend the event but will need to be supervised at all times.
PermaBlitz is about people helping people, learning skills and seeing permaculture designs in action. Don't know what a PermaBlitz is and if it is for you? Watch this video from Gardening Australia with the awesome Hannah running one in Tasmania:
What to bring:
- Gardening gloves
- Sun gear (hat, sunscreen, long sleeved shirt etc.)
- Covered shoes
- Water bottle