September School Holiday Program - A Day on the Farm
- September School Holidays - Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27th, Thursday 28th - PLEASE SELECT 1 DAY
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday available to children aged 8-14yrs
- Tuesday is Family Day! Children aged 6-8yrs are able to attend with a parent or guardian. Children 8-14yrs are able to attend with or without a parent/guardian
- The Friday 22nd September BEFORE is a separate Mushroom Growing Workshop for 12-25 year olds. Please book that here
- A maximum of 15 Participants per day, supervised by CGP educators + farm team
- Runs from 9:30am – 3:30pm (6 hours)
- Price per person: $70 + GST
We are thrilled to be able to subsidise this program through our partnership with VicHealth.
What to Expect
- You’ll get the chance to be our farmers for the day by getting outdoors, meeting our friendly farm animals and doing some hands-on farm work and play.
- You’ll learn about our regenerative farm and how we care for the land while producing nourishing produce for our community to enjoy. Your day on the farm will be facilitated by a Common Ground Project staff member.
Outline for the Day
This is an example outline, as our program will vary depending on the season and what tasks on the farm need doing.
9:00 am - Arrive at Common Ground Project, followed by a welcoming activities and introductions.
9:30 am - An Interactive Farm Tour (including your chance to meet our friendly farm animals).
10:30 am - Morning Tea
11:00 am - Hands on Farm Activities (weather/season dependent)
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Hands-On Farm Activities (weather/season dependent)
2:00 pm - End of day closing activities
3:00 pm - Depart from Common Ground Project
What to Wear & Bring
- Come dressed for any weather – rain, hail or shine! We suggest wearing waterproof and sun-smart clothing, including; a rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, pants and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Please note: to protect yourself on the farm, you must wear closed-toed shoes. Flat boots or gumboots are suitable, especially when it rains.
- Bringing own lunch - Food will be available to purchase at the cafe on Wednesday & Thursday, however we recommend you bring your own food with you as we cannot guarantee dietary requirements or appropriate options on the day.
- A Day on the Farm is an exciting day of interactions with plants, animals, staff and farm equipment. Please have a chat before your child’s visit about behavioural expectations to ensure they are aware of the importance of listening to instructions and showing respect to animals and each other. We will do everything we can to support your child and their needs, however, if there are circumstances where their behaviour becomes a concern, their emergency contact will be called to collect them.
If your child would like to attend our School Holiday Program but the cost of the ticket is a barrier, please use the code 'community' at checkout to receive 20% off the price.
"This program is absolutely fantastic! What a way to have the kids immersed in the great outdoors and keeping them engaged for a full day in nature. The day was packed with exciting activities and practical learning. My daughter would love to attend in future."
"I was nervous about going by myself but I had fun and played with the other kids, I learnt about mustard greens and mad a pot out of newspapers. I also got to feed the animals and collected 2 eggs. I definitely want to go back next holidays."
"The School Holiday Program ‘A Day on the Farm’ was a great experience for my son Hugo. He got to do something he wouldn’t normally do and learnt new information presented in a fun and interesting way. A lovely way to spend the day in this tranquil and interesting environment :)"