Join us for a night of fun performances and to witness the best talent Swinburne has to offer. The winning act will take home a grand prize of $1000 with an additional $1000 in cash and prizes given out to the runner ups.
Got a talent? Would you like to compete?
Submit a video audition to email@example.com with your name, student ID, course and performance description.
- Date: Wednesday 2 August
- Time: 7PM – 9PM
- 1st: $1000
- 2nd: $500
- 3rd: $250
- People’s Choice: Skydiving Ticket sponsored by SkyDive Australia
Photographs may be taken and used in SSU publications and website. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please communicate this to the SSU via email and to the photographer on the day. Please note that the ultimate responsibility rests with the ticket older as a condition of entry to be aware of this policy and the SSU will take all reasonable measures to ensure any request is followed as best as practicable but cannot guarantee your photo will not be made public.
- Only Swinburne students are eligible to compete for prizes. Swinburne staff are welcome to perform and display their talents.
- Participants are welcome to compete as a solo act or as a group. Please note that it is up to the winning act to split their prizes however they see fit.
- Talents may include (but is not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, martial arts and anything else you deem as a talent.
- All participants must return a completed and signed talent show participation form after a successful audition.
- Recommended length of act is 3-5 minutes and no more than 8 minutes.
- In all cases, decisions of the judges are final and will not be open to discussion.
- No profanity or insensitive subject matters are permitted.
- Participants may submit a different audition and perform a different act to their live performance.
- Costumes must be appropriate for all age groups as it is a community event.
- Acts are responsible for their own props and costumes.
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by the SSU Talent Show Committee.
- If the act requires recorded accompanying music, the music must be provided to the SSU Talent Show Committee three weeks prior to the event. The accompanying music must be be titled with your name and the song name.
- Each act is expected to be available throughout the day of the event for a dress rehearsal.
- By submitting an audition to SSU, the attendee agrees the the above competition rules and accepts that their performance and image may be used in future SSU and Swinburne related publications and content.