Shandy 'Chosen Family Christmas' - NIGHT PARTY @ Black Bear Lodge
🌙 THIS EVENT IS FOR THE SECOND PART OF OUR CHOSEN FAMILY CHRISTMAS: THE NIGHT PARTY HELD AT BLACK BEAR LODGE FROM 9PM - 3AM 🌃
To try and limit confusion about venue, we've created two separate Facebook events and ticket listings for the event.
If you want to see updates and buy tickets for the ☀️DAY PARTY 🌆, head to the FB event linked here and Humanitix ticket listing linked here.
As some of us gather to spend time with biological families over the holiday season, this Boxing Day Shandy invites you instead to spend time with your 'Logical' Family: the loved ones we, as queer people, meet along the way who become our chosen family.
Shandy invites you to don your gayest apparel and join us as we celebrate…
CHOSEN FAMILY CHRISTMAS
🌆 DAY PARTY & NIGHT PARTY 🌃
sunday 26th december
2 - 7PM @ the wickham // 9PM - 3AM @ black bear lodge
After the success of our Chosen Family Christmas parties last year, we've brought them back again this year - and in keeping with tradition, we're putting the events up and notifying everyone of them at the last minute 😅
Join us for two turbo-charged dance parties on Boxing Day, starting at The Wickham where we'll boogie and get wet 'n' wild under the hot summer sun for the first of our two parties - before migrating over to Black Bear Lodge for the first Shandy back there with no capacity restrictions (but please note you must be fully vaccinated or medically exempt to enter).
🌙 NIGHT PARTY @ BLACK BEAR LODGE 🌃
For our return to a max capacity Black Bear party, we'll be welcoming new and old members of the Shandy Family to delight us with their moves and looks on the stage, please welcome our...
- LinhQu (Club Chrome)
- Lord Severus
And to soundtrack our day and get our bodies groovin', we're thrilled to introduce our...
- Neesha Alexander
- Sweaty Baby
This day is guaranteed to be a day filled with festivities and merriment, so come catch up with a couple hundred of your best judies as we dance the day and night away.
🎟 🎟 TICKETS 🎟 🎟
The festivities will extend over 13 hours and across two venues - with tickets available as follows...
|PRICE ON THE DOOR/COVER CHARGE
|☀️ DAY PASS 🌆
|$20 + Booking Fee (BF)
|🌙 NIGHT PASS 🌃
|$20 + BF
|🌆 DAY & NIGHT PASS 🌃
|$35 + BF
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
As always, there is no cost to enter for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and would like to attend for free, you can register for a free ticket.
No One Turned Away for Lack of Funds
We also wish to re-confirm our position of not turning anyone away where they lack the funds to pay for entry. There's an option for a 'Pay What You Can' ticket. We truly mean this and encourage you not to feel shame and enter what works best for you, even if all you can pay is zero dollars 🥰
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we hold this event, the Turrbal, Jagera/Yuggera peoples and pay respects to Elders, past and present - and also pay respects and offer our love to the First Nations community attending our event. We recognise that Sovereignty was never ceded and that we live and gather on stolen land.
♿️👁 ACCESS 👂🔊
The venue is not wheelchair accessible. If you have any further questions around access and whether the event will be suitable for you and your needs, please don't hesitate to message our page for more info.
📓GROUND RULES ⚖️
- We want people to feel as safe and welcome as possible, so please feel free to message the Shandy Instagram or Facebook page with any queries or concerns.
- As always, please don't assume any one's gender or pronouns. A fun way to ask is to start by giving someone a compliment, and asking for their name and pronouns.
- Consent is key – ask before touching and await a clear response; fuck yes or no thank you!
- The bathrooms will not be gendered - they either have urinals, or don't.
- Be respectful and considerate – do your bit to make the space safer and more comfortable for others: a party is only as good as the people attending, and we all have a role to play in having the best time ever!
- Racist, sexist, ableist, homophobic, or transphobic behaviour/attitudes will not be tolerated. Please see staff or security if someone is making you uncomfortable, or message the Shandy Facebook page.
- Last but not least, look out for your friends and other party-goers & stay hydrated!
Event Artwork by Alec Palmer (IG: @louispamah)