😈💦 Shandy pres. 'THROB' feat. Cormac (BER) - Queer Dance Party ⛓️
With the return of Summer, things get hotter and wetter here in Meanjin, but it’s not just the weather. In streets, parks, bars, and clubs, you’ll see people starting to mirror the meteorological modulations going on around us - with more flirtations, intimate exchanges, and an increasingly sultry and languorous aroma in the air.
And so for Shandy’s last big event of the year, we’d like to invite you all to help us enter and embrace this steamy and stimulating step into the new year with our sexiest event yet - join us on Saturday 9th December as we get ready to sweat, get ready to moan, and get ready to…
😈💦 THROB feat. Cormac (BER) ⛓️
saturday 9th december | 8:30pm – 3am | warehouse 25
It’s time to walk the night and check all your worries and inhibitions at the door for an evening of euphoric and erotic emancipation, as Shandy heads into the shadowy backstreets of Milton to let loose at Warehouse 25.
But that’s not all you can check at the door: you’re welcome to slip out and slip in to whatever makes you feel sexiest at our coat check: whether that means something tighter or looser, breathable or air-tight, covered up or uncovered, it’s all welcome baby. So if you’ve had that new bit of rubber, leather or other kink gear that you’ve been dying to take out for a spin, this is your chance to show it off.
Because we want you to really let loose, for the first time ever we’ll be asking to pop a sticker on everyone’s phone camera and instead trust our specially briefed Shandy photographers to grab that shot of you in your seductive styles.
To help set the mood and get things dripping wet as we dance the night away, we’ve carefully selected a mix of local and international talent guaranteed to send you into waves of ecstasy all night long - but we’ve teased you long enough (for now), please welcome all the way from Berlin…
CORMAC [Polari/Ostgut Ton/Correspondant]
No longer one of dance musics' best-kept secrets Cormac's reputation as a revered selector has rapidly spread. The Queer Northern Ireland-born DJ is now soundtracking dancefloors the world over with his unique take on HI-NRG, House and Techno.
Cormac was a listener and dancefloor staple at zeitgeist-defining London institutions such as Trade, Nag Nag Nag, and Bugged Out! He's currently resident at Dicks in Ankali, Prague and is working on an event 'Aqueerius' with the same crew. As well as appearances at key events like Sonar Festival, PollarWeisen, Circoloco, WHOLE Festival, Homobloc, Adonis, isburning, Shmutz, Mustang, and many more.
In Berlin and Europe, he's best known for his legendary closing performances at Panorama Bar and Snax. Sometimes running up to eleven hours in length, and with free reign to play across the board sonically, Cormac has fast become a staple on the line-ups for the club. As the light pours in on Monday mornings, the crowd are kept moving with a selection of his extensive 20 years of DJ knowledge.
In 2021 he founded his own imprint, Polari Records. The label showcases new and established producers with each release featuring collectible artwork from LGBTQ+ artists. Polari also hosts Cormac’s own much loved anthem “Heartcore”, and new release “Leather ’n Lasers”. Check out his releases and mixes at his Soundcloud here.
We’re thrilled to be welcoming Cormac to Meanjin, particularly after we got to witness his prowess ourselves earlier this year during a particularly debauched Sunday morning at Berghain’s Panorama Bar. But like the hungry little piggies we are, we couldn’t stop there and we simply had to invite more of our favourites to join us including DJ sets from (in alphabetical order)…
Shandy believes more is more - which is why we’re also welcoming some of the city’s bawdiest bodies to perform their acts for you including:
Glide on over to Humanitix now to secure your ticket to THROB for this raw and raunchy bacchanalian blowout!
🎟 TICKETS 🎟
Early Bird Tickets: $25 + BF
First Release: $33 + BF
Second Release: $36.50 + BF
Final Release: $40 + BF
You can also choose to make an additional donation via Humanitix to help subsidise & cover the cost of a ticket for someone on no/low income, or even just to show us some love and help us pay the bills 😘
- there is free entry for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people & Trans Women (Femme Queens) of Colour; and
- we will do everything we can to accommodate & welcome anyone with no/low income who wants to party - shoot us a message on the Shandy Facebook page or Instagram and we'll work something out with you.
🎵 NOTES FOR THE EVENING 🎶
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we hold this event, the Turrbal & Jagera/Yuggera peoples and pay respects to Elders, past and present - and also pay respects and offer our love to the First Nations community attending our event. We recognise that Sovereignty was never ceded and that we live and gather on stolen land.
- We will be asking everyone
- As always, try not to assume gender, sexuality, or pronouns – if you’re chatting and vibing with someone, it’s probably worth briefly asking for their pronouns - and don’t make it into big deal if you get ‘em wrong: just say a quick sorry and move it along.
- Consent is key – ask before touching and await a clear response; fuck yes or no thank you!
- Be respectful and considerate – do your bit to make the space safer and more comfortable for others: a party is only as good as the people attending, and we all have a role to play in having the best night ever!
- Racist, sexist, ableist, homophobic, or transphobic behaviour/attitudes will not be tolerated. Please see Shandy team members, barstaff or security if someone is making you uncomfortable.
- We want people to feel as safe and welcome as possible, so please feel free to message the Shandy Instagram or Facebook page with any queries or concerns.
Last but not least, look out for your friends and other party-goers & stay hydrated!
♿️👁 ACCESS 👂🔊
- The majority of the venue (Warehouse 25) is wheelchair accessible and there are wheelchair accessible toilets. While the main bar is located up some stairs on the mezzanine level, we will ensure there are still drink sales available at ground level.
- Strobe lights will not be used during the event and we endeavour to ensure no strobe effect will be used on the lighting.
- The dancefloor is polished cement.
- With regard to sensory concerns, the venue is essentially a fairly large open-air space. We are currently looking into the best way to provide a low sensory space, and will provide updates when we can. We would love any thoughts or feedback on what you would be needing from such a space, as we will incorporate this into how we set-up such a space.
- If you have any further questions around access and whether the event will be suitable for you and your needs, please don't hesitate to message our page for more info.
Illustration by Niqui Toldi (@niquitoldi)
Graphic Design by Alec Palmer (@louispamah)