Surya Kriya - Fire Up The Sun Within
Surya Kriya is a potent yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness, and complete inner well-being.
“Surya” means “sun,” and “Kriya” means “inner energy process.” Surya Kriya activates the solar plexus to raise the samat prana, or solar heat, in the system. It also balances a person’s left and right energy channels, leading to stability of the body and stillness of the mind. This strong foundation becomes the basis to explore higher dimensions of life.
Traditionally available only to select groups of yogis, Surya Kriya is being offered by Sadhguru as a comprehensive spiritual practice that is ideal for the hectic pace of today’s world.
- Develops mental clarity and focus
- Remedies weak constitutions
- Boosts vigour and vitality
- Balances hormonal levels in the body
- Prepares one for deeper states of meditation
Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th December 2023
- 2 sessions in total (all sessions are compulsory to attend)
- 6:30am - Doors open
- 6:50am - Doors close
- 7:00am - Class begins
- 10:30am - Class ends
5 Moller Street, Beach Haven, Auckland
- Open to all aged 14yrs and above
- No previous yoga experience required
Due to the nature of this practice, people who fall under any of the below categories are not eligible to participate at this time:
- Women who are currently pregnant
- Anyone who has had major open surgery in the last 6 months
- Anyone who has had laparoscopic surgery in the last 6 weeks
As a general note, always consult and follow your Doctor's advice. If you have any questions regarding your participation, please contact us
A few general reminders:
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move easily in
- Bring a yoga mat.
- Bring a large towel or small blanket to keep you warm (optional)
- Bring a cushion to sit on (optional)
- Do not eat for at least 4 hours before the class – give 2.5 hours for a light snack
- Do not drink anything for 90 minutes before or during a class. Water is okay.
- Arrive 10-30 minutes before the class starts. For your safety, you may not be able to join a session once it commences.
- Observe silence when you come into the studio and until the class begins. It is a time to move out of your world of thoughts and come into the present moment and connect with yourself.
- If you need support for your ankles or head or anything else, please bring a large towel or blanket with you.
- Be mindful of the effect of strong perfumes on your fellow students.
- Remove watches and noisy jewelry.
- Leave handbags and personal belongings that are not required during the class at the back of the class or in your car.
- If you have any injuries or are pregnant, please inform the teacher before the class begins. Many injuries can be accommodated if the teacher is aware of them.
- If you are ill, have a cold or fever, please contact the teacher and your doctor before attending the class.