Soap Making for Beginners
Whether you're looking for some skin condition relief or you just want a luxurious, moisturising bar of soap. Made with your own secret blend of Essential Oils, Clays and other beneficial ingredients.
Come along and create your very own high-quality natural soap!
In this hands-on workshop you will explore;
- A brief history of soap
- Chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials and equipment for cold process soap making
- Safety - working with sodium hydroxide
- Choosing Oils for your soap
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients such as Ess. Oils, Creams, Milks, Scrubs, Clays, Herbs, Spices and Botanicals.
- Colouring soap naturally
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
You will be learning the "cold process" hands-on method
On completion of the workshop, you will take home:
- Approx. 6-8 bars of your very own soap
- Knowledge and skills to create your very own soap recipe variations
Anna Struth has been passionately exploring the craft of soap making for around 15 years. She began this journey through her love for the environment and her determination to find new ways of protecting it. Always looking for ways to promote a less wasteful lifestyle, Anna relishes the opportunity
to empower others by sharing her skills and knowledge in a fun and
Anna currently runs a micro business, ‘The Singing Soaper’, specialising in vegetable-based soap and body care products with eco-friendly packaging. Having worked in a laboratory for many years, and also as a professional singer, Anna has found a perfect balance in soap making’s fulfilment of her two major interests; science and creativity- an addictive combination whose foundations Anna’s workshops will help you to explore so that you may begin your own journey of discovery.
What you will learn
- How to use other oils in the creation of your own soaps
- How to make soap bars
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients
What you will get
- Freshly crafted soaps
- Workshop handout
What to bring
- Notepad and pen, apron, rubber gloves
- 2 x clean, 1 litre milk carton or tetra pack
- 25mls Essential Oil or 25mls Essential Oil Blend (not fragrance oil) - optional
What to wear
Casual, clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Closed-toe footwear
Anyone interested in making their own natural soaps
Photos/Recordings of the event and attendees
During events, photographs or recordings may be taken and by attending, you consent to be photographed or recorded and having your photos or recordings used for CERES promotional purposes only. Please speak to the event presenter should you wish to be excluded.