Farmer Incubator's Introduction to Soils Workshop at Bundoora Park Farm
Join Farmer Incubator and Agronomist Ian Mott for an introduction into soil management for your garden, located in the gorgeous Bundoora Park Farm.
In this workshop you'll learn:
- How to assess soil conditions in the backyard and why.
- Possible resources for conducting soil tests, what to test for (contamination, identifying hazards, fertility, suitability to particular crops etc) and where to do so,
- How to interpret and improve or amend soil conditions
- Tools and resources for planning, management and further learning
Outcome for the Site (in terms of plans toward the evolution of our Bundoora Park Farm Site):
- Soil tests interpreted
- Soil management plan developed including inputs needed
- tests to repeat for measuring impact of on site farming practices and goals around soil quality improvements over time
- Practical, on the spot soil tests undertaken (ribbon test, water infiltration test etc) and ramifications of these integrated into management plan
About the presenter:
Ian Mot is an Agronomist M.Ag S (Melb Uni) is a specialising in Soil Health and Plant Nutrition. Discover more about Ian and his expertise at https://vitalsoils.com.au/