Soil to Supper: Pacific Paradise
Pacific Paradise is a friendly workshop on how to grow some useful and delicious tropical crops in Aotearoa: Kūmara, Taro and Bananas.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert gardener, you will learn something new. And of course, we will also enjoy some tasty dishes made with these crops!
What to expect:
- Conversation! Hear from Liz Stanway and Rick Thorpe, who will share their tips and tricks on growing kūmara, taro and bananas, and why they love these crops.
- Practical in the garden - Get your hands dirty and help us mulch and prepare the soil for our summer crops.
- Eating together - Everyone is invited to bring some food to share. You will be able to sample some of our vegetable dishes and recipes. You can also bring your favourite dish if you like.
This is a free event. All welcome including our tamariki!
What to bring:
- Gardening clothes and tools (we have a few tools)
- Your questions and knowledge
If it is raining we will retreat to the Raglan Community House Basement Meeting Room and enjoy our time there.