Spring Fling Clothes Swap
Jane Fleming is an architect and designer who also sews and is known for her vintage shopping finds. Jane takes joy from finding the right piece to suit any body type and wants to show people how to be stylish with any figure and on any budget. Join Jane in a presentation on budget fashion and tips for selecting clothes for Spring!Attendees can then participate in the Spring Fling Clothes Swap! Unwanted clothing treasures can be swapped with something new to wear this spring.
TICKETS WILL OPEN FOR BOOKING ON THURSDAY 21 SEPTEMBER.
HOW THE SWAP WORKS
1. Please bring STRICTLY ONLY 1 – 7 items of clothing or accessories to add to the swap collection pool. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept more than 7.
2. Please note that guests can only begin taking and trying on swap items after the swap is officially declared open by the host. This will take place after the Fashion Stylist presentation. After this, guests can try on and take what they like.
3. At the end of the swap, participants can choose to take home remaining items they brought that have not been taken or they can leave them at the swap to be donated to charity.
- Clothes brought to the swap MUST be clean, good quality and in good condition: not too heavily worn out, faded, or pilled. (Good quality also means something you would gift to your best friend). Please be mindful and considerate of what other swappers will be happy to receive 😊.
- Clothes can be handmade, retro, vintage, branded, etc.
- We can’t guarantee guests will find their sizes. It depends on what other guests bring, therefore, we encourage ALL SIZES to participate in the swap.
- Items to bring: dresses, pants, skirts, tops, shoes, bags, scarves, hats, jewellery, etc.
WHAT NOT TO BRING: please do not bring any items of underwear or overused workout gear. Pyjamas and swimwear allowed only if they're brand new, preferably with tags.