Springfield Dragon Boat Festival
Greetings Dragon Boat Teams and Fans!
The 9th annual Springfield Dragon Boat Festival is coming! The festival is one day of fun, food, Asian-themed entertainment, vendors, community support, and competition at Springfield’s North Riverfront Park. This family-friendly day features races between dragon boats (16- or 20-person canoes with dragon heads and tails) on the Connecticut River starting at 8 am. You can watch the racing or compete by organizing a team of your own! Spectators attend for free. Please consider walking or riding your bike - we are right on the Connecticut Riverwalk and Bikeway.
Team registration is now open. The competition is open to anyone who forms a team (every team must include 8 women, 8 men, and a drummer) and pays the entry fee which supports the Pioneer Valley Riverfront Club, a Springfield non-profit organization. If you are interested in trying dragon boating or forming a Dragon Boat team but still have questions, use the contact button at the bottom of the page. We'd love to hear from you!
A few important details:
- This site is for Team Registration. Once your team is registered, you as Team Captain will receive instructions to easily invite people to join the team.
- Spectators attend for free and do not need to register.
- CORPORATE/COMMUNITY teams are groups of 16 Paddlers plus a Drummer and a few spares that organize in advance for a day of fun, community support, and competition against other Community teams at this festival. A Steersperson, practice session, and all equipment are provided. Teams are encouraged to make their own T-Shirt/Uniform with team name on the sleeve. Entry Fee: $2,000 (Early Bird by May 26: $1,850)
- CLUB teams are existing, experienced dragon boat teams of 20 paddlers plus a Steersperson and Drummer that practice regularly and compete against other Club teams. These include Cancer Survivor teams (BCS, ACS). Entry Fee: $1000 (Early Bird by May 26: $850)
- CLUB teams: this is an ERDBA qualifying event for the Regional Championship.
- The Springfield Dragon Boat Festival is a rain or shine event but may be subject to delays in the case of extreme weather.
- We love dogs, but ask that they stay home for this event
For more information please visit Springfield Dragon Boat Festival